Compressor Issues

Q

Quarinteen

I just purchased a TC-20 Air Compressor from TCP global (link below). I have an issue. I turn it on and it builds pressure. The regulator is set at 30 PSI. When I start to use it no matter what the pressure is set at the pressure drops down to 10 PSI within seconds. Has anyone seen this before?

Set the regulator with the air flowing at the airbrush. You will always get a drop when you press the trigger.

If I'm not mistaken that's the same one I have and there is no tank, so yes as soon as you release air it's gonna drop pressure and start the pump. Made a modification to mine and it has helped several issues I was having. Yes the mods were from help I received here.

That is a tankless air compressor and only hold 30 to 40 PSI with air off and will drop to 10 to 15 psi when you turn the air on. Mainly your air line is the tank.
I always suggest buying a compressor with a tank. California Air makes some very nice silent compressor with affordable prices .

That is a tankless air compressor and only hold 30 to 40 PSI with air off and will drop to 10 to 15 psi when you turn the air on. Mainly your air line is the tank.
I always suggest buying a compressor with a tank. California Air makes some very nice silent compressor with affordable prices .

I was looking at the California compressor reviews on Amazon and there were quite a few negatives. I also was giving a long look to a Senco. I'm guessing they both are Chinese made..

I was looking at the California compressor reviews on Amazon and there were quite a few negatives. I also was giving a long look to a Senco. I'm guessing they both are Chinese made..
I do not go by Amazon or ebay reviews mainly due to the buyers consider shipping time on the item. http://www.californiaairtools.com/
made in San Diego CA. While I use my Silent-Air 50 most of the time I do have a California Air compressor That works just as well as the silent-air.

There you go first hand good reviews from fellow airbrushers, cant get better than that.

Lee

Back