Compressor Oil for Silaire

Z

ZB DON

I have a 20-A for about 18 years now only changed the oil about twice. I never airbrush at all....
Would badger Oil work in this compressor so I can save some money I see they have it at Dick Blick for about 16.00 for the Badger Oil I know the type required is sold by Silaire but costs like 27.00 and shipping cheapest I could find in the USA.

Just wondering if there is a difference....

The oil manufacturers should be able to tell you. What is the grade of the sil-aire? Match that and it will be a good start. Hey what do you paint? What part of the world are you in? Could you pop along to the intro section and say Hi? Here is the link. http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/

I have a 20-A for about 18 years now only changed the oil about twice. I never airbrush at all....
Would badger Oil work in this compressor so I can save some money I see they have it at reproductive organ Blick for about 16.00 for the Badger Oil I know the type required is sold by Silaire but costs like 27.00 and shipping cheapest I could find in the USA.

Just wondering if there is a difference....
I would do coast at 24.50 plus shipping. I have had my Great White for 8 years and have only needed to change it once. You are supposed to change it ever two years if you run at 10 hours every day. I come no where near that. I would not cheap out on an expensive great machine like these.

Paint on

OK got a email from Chicago Airbrush they said it works in the Silentair compressors good deal picked up two bottles from D!ck Blicks.
I would of got them from Chicago but the price is slightly higher.

Picked up two bottles from D!ck Blick the oil is clear unlike the regular silentair oil
someone said just change the oil every 2 years Silent Air said to change it after 150 hours or when it's discolored.
Since this oil is clear synthetic I don't think it will go bad as fast or my compressor might just stop working since they just wanted to sell the oil to me.

I dumped the oil out the day before and filled it today.

Picked up two bottles from D!ck Blick the oil is clear unlike the regular silentair oil
someone said just change the oil every 2 years Silent Air said to change it after 150 hours or when it's discolored.
Since this oil is clear synthetic I don't think it will go bad as fast or my compressor might just stop working since they just wanted to sell the oil to me.

I dumped the oil out the day before and filled it today.
I think it is most likely the same. The reason the other is discolored is so you can see it in the bubble level window easier.

Paint on

Back