Compressor set up advice

J

JiroPaints

Hi all,

recently received my new compressor (this guy) to use with an Iwata eclipse hp-bcs and am after some set up advice so I don't go buying all the wrong things.

Have watched a few videos and done a bit of research but still a bit unsure as to exactly which air hose / converters etc I should be getting...

Any pointers much appreciated!

Looks like you've got to unscrew that fitting that comes out of the air valve. Buy 1/4" to 1/4" or 1/4' to 1/8" outer threaded fitting and screw it in instead of of that one you will screw out. And then to that fitting you can attach your hose either with 1/4" / 1/8" or 1/8" / 1/8" due to fitting you will install.

I think, to unscrew the fitting from the air valve, you have to warm it up with heat gun. More likely, it's installed using liquid sealer which is already hardened. New fitting should also be installed using liquid sealer. Teflon tape would also do, but sealer is better.
Be careful with the heat gun! Not overheat other parts, especially plastic as it will just melt! Do the heating slowly and always trying to unscrew the fitting.

Nice machine. If I'm you I will remove everything that that is coming out of the shut-off valve/power box. See image below. You can install that shut-off valve/tap after the regulator before the first quick-release. That male part coming out of it in front of it can be tossed.

couplings.jpg

Thanks for your help,
I'm not great with stuff like this but shall hopefully manage to get my head around it all eventually.

Especially good to learn about the liquid sealer bit, was not expecting that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back