compressor - weird sound - sound file attached

redcore

Gravity Guru
i have this little portable compressor Badger TC910 ASPIRE PRO with 3l air tank. its a small compressor. i have used it for couple of times without any troubles, but now when i turn it on it's giving me some weird high pitch noise which goes away after couple of minutes. it sounds like a dry piston moving in a cylinder - you know when there is like some kind of a friction) but the thing is that it is an oil free diaphragm compressor (or it should be). any advices please?

sound file attached. just rename that "pdf" to "m4a and play it in "vlc media player"

thanks!
rob
View attachment compressor_rename_pdf_to_m4a.pdf

Sounds like a cold compressor starting up. Where is the compressor kept?
But yes that high pitch sounds like a bearing going out.

wow..bearing going out? it's a brand new compressor :-/ i have it in the kitchen. not really cold there. i have never take apart such a compressor before. is easy to fix that? or should i send an email to badger company what they will say?
thanks mr micron!

I don't know what your noise is, but the TC910 is a wobble type oil-less piston compressor, not a diaphragm type. It does have a seal that rubs against the inside of the cylinder. My review is here. You might want to contact Badger.

Don

I don't know what your noise is, but the TC910 is a wobble type oil-less piston compressor, not a diaphragm type. It does have a seal that rubs against the inside of the cylinder. My review is here. You might want to contact Badger.

Don

i agree :)

thanks don. i have recorded that sound with my iphone and attached it. you just have to rename pdf to m4a.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

check out this attached pic guys. after 2.5 months of use i can not return it back to amazon? weird. i already sent an email to them. waiting for an answer.

return.PNG

I tried changing your pdf file to a m4a, but it wouldn't play on my PC. I think if you contact Badger, they will take care of your problem. Ask for Jesus (Spanish pronunciation). He is the compressor guru.

Don

I just change it to an MP3 and it play fine through windows media player.

Back