Compressors not lasting long.

It says the air out let is a 1/4 I take it they are easy enough to step down to the size for my airbrush airlines. ?

Recycle the moisture trap/regulator from your goosed comp and use an appropriate adapter to connect it to your new company when you get it, wait for it to come and just about anyone will be able to tell you what you need, I had a similar size but noisier compressor years ago but I put the regulator on my desk and ran a hose to the compressor, but to keep yourself mobile you'll want the regulator on the compressors outlet.

Mine is almost exactly like that. Mine just has a 6L tank. Love and would recommend it to anyone. Not super silent but I use it next to the bedroom where the missus sleeps.

From what I know of it, it makes roughly the same noise as my little 3 litre comp, it has the same specs as the one in the video I posted but the price is too cool for words, I wouldn't mind ordering one but since they say they only have one I'll let Bex have it:)

@bex if you do end up with this one please do a little review on it, I reckon it's a great affordable starter for the newbies, I get a huge kick out of saving newbies a lot of the grief a lot of us had when we got started, if I had every penny back I spent on crap I could easily have another four microns or a couple of K33's

My cuddly little three litre job only fills up once every four months or once every paint pal, whichever comes first, and it doesn't make any noise at all (now) lol
Fire that thing up. Cats Cats Cats!!!!!

My beast is a joint ownership with hubs as he uses it for his air tools. Except that I kinda took it over. And kindly let him use it.

Will do.

As a tempaoroy fix for mine for tomorrow..

Im Desperate to finish this wall can you tell! I discovered my roller derby wheel bearings (also skateboard wheel bearings)( I play roller derby) are the same sizes as the piston rod bearing that have exploded in my compressor.1461706429732-578452847.jpg . Won't fix it forever as they exploded due movement from excessive wear from the surclip by the looks of things. - but it might get me through the next two days. !! And thought it maybe a good thing to note if anyone else has a need to get one working as a quick fix. 1461705299528-1885430635.jpg
Infact I might just take the whole bag and tools with me then if they keep exploding I got a supply.

This is the craziest way to paint a wall ever!_

Last edited:
well now that you seem to have sorted Bex out, your challenge Mr Madbrush is now to find something similar in the land down under. my little cheapy studio compressor started hiccupping the other day, so I figure its trying to tell me something.

I haven't looked super hard for a replacement yet, but a quick scan found only the 'iwata' type (which is identical to my cheapy)
I have the big airgun compressor and a smaller one that would burst eardrums, but I want one that I can eventually take inside.

well now that you seem to have sorted Bex out, your challenge Mr Madbrush is now to find something similar in the land down under. my little cheapy studio compressor started hiccupping the other day, so I figure its trying to tell me something.

I haven't looked super hard for a replacement yet, but a quick scan found only the 'iwata' type (which is identical to my cheapy)
I have the big airgun compressor and a smaller one that would burst eardrums, but I want one that I can eventually take inside.

And here you go;)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ORAZIO-S...381102?hash=item43eba6b9ae:g:aV0AAOSws4JW8afg

ships from UK, Aus$187 + postage (not specified) probably as much if not more than the cost of the unit.... :depressed:

bee bong, try again.

Been scouting around and anything local seems to be either expensive or too noisy, I did find a nice big bambi if you want to get rid of nearly two grand.

There are some proper silent pancake compressors around the 400 mark if your prepared to go to that, had a look on Gumtree too but seems to be folks trying to get rusty and dusty stuff out of their garages, I saw a comp on there that looked like my granddad's granddad used it:confused:

I haven't given up yet but it's bed timeo_O

I may have just found one, not cheap but if its as quiet as it states it will be a good investment given what i paid for the studio compressor and how many times its been used (hardly broken in really)
they do a twin tank version as well, both 50db. Theyre stocked at a shop on my way home, so I might just pop in and have a look.

I'd like thoughts from you guys....
https://www.toolex.com.au/products/594138

I cant believe I've looked for so long and then all of a sudden whoop there it is !!

I may have just found one, not cheap but if its as quiet as it states it will be a good investment given what i paid for the studio compressor and how many times its been used (hardly broken in really)
they do a twin tank version as well, both 50db. Theyre stocked at a shop on my way home, so I might just pop in and have a look.

I'd like thoughts from you guys....
https://www.toolex.com.au/products/594138

I cant believe I've looked for so long and then all of a sudden whoop there it is !!

Nice one:thumbsup: I've just woke up but I would have found that eventually:)

I purchased a Silentair 20A in Germany about 15 years ago and touch wood its still going:eek::eek:,then about a month ago my mate who is a skip diverlollol turned up at my house with a bambi 35/20....its missing a couple of bits but runs sweet and after speaking to bambi direct it will cost me £72 to put right:D:D

Back