Compressors

Joe pulvirenti

Double Actioner
A friend has a 10 litre tank only tank I have a sparmax tc 620x 2.5 litre tank any chance of connecting it to my compressor with out to many dramas l am only curious if my I don't really want to upgrade.

A friend has a 10 litre tank only tank I have a sparmax tc 620x 2.5 litre tank any chance of connecting it to my compressor with out to many dramas l am only curious if my I don't really want to upgrade.
Look at your compressor and see what the uptime max is, then see how much air volume it outputs, then divided the space of the tank you want to use by the output of the compressor. If the number is less than the uptime of the compressor you should be fine.

Hi there Alaskajason I quite don't understand what you mean by uptime it runs for 30 seconds of air and then 10 seconds to refill the tank again sorry to ask but I don't understand how compressors work.

Hi there Alaskajason I quite don't understand what you mean by uptime it runs for 30 seconds of air and then 10 seconds to refill the tank again sorry to ask but I don't understand how compressors work.
Sorry for my confusing wordage. Every compressor has a "up time" or a limit on how long the compressor should run before overheating. Your compressor has a output number too. It is how much air it can output in X amount of time. Taking the 10L tank and dividing it by the output number of your compressor will let you know how long it would take to fill that 10L tank with your compressor. If that amount of time is less that the uptime of your compressor (how long it should stay on before overheating) then you should be good to swap out tanks. If the it takes the compressor too long to fill up the 10L tank then it can cause 1. excessive wear on the compressor 2. heat up your air causing moisture problems. Hope that helps a bit more. I'm not a boilermaker so I honestly don't know the nomenclature for most of that stuff, just the general understanding of it from owning a few compressors over the years.

Back