Controlling the Airbrush

Im glad you got the Evo back out. I really think you'll get a better result in the long run once you get the hang of everything.

I've got a Paasche thats doing that same exact thing! Couldn't figure it out for the life of me. Oh well its a nice collector piece :)

Ill have to pick up some beeswax- where do you get it? I swear theres a burr or something on the body where the nozzle seats. (The machining looks kinda funky) I would try polishing it but Im afraid to mess it up.

I actually have... *counts on my fingers* uhh 4 Paasches. Ive got an HS, a VLST, a VSR90 and a VJR. The VJR is the one giving me trouble. I can put everything in the VSR and it works perfectly, but screws up in the VJR.

I cant remember which VL i have. I have used it in a very long time. I got it right before my Master and started using it because of the gravity feed. I tbi k the VL has only had paint ran through it 3 times.

You mean its a siphon feed? With a bottle underneath? Yeah thats a VL. If the bottle screws on its a VLS. I dunno what the T stands for lol. Mine has the aluminum handle with the cutout.

Yeah mines the VL mine still has red handle. I should break it out and see if it still sprays but dont want to mess my rhythm up with the evo

People always seem to recommend starting with one thing and sticking to it. Like not just in airbrushing but everywhere. Ive never had any issue with changing things up. If you get where the only gun you feel comfortable with is your Evo, I think its that much harder to adapt to a new gun. I can change guns and after a couple minutes futzing around, I remember how that gun works and I can deal with it.

The thing is the only gun i was comfortable with was my master..i got so frustrated a couple days ago i told the wife i cant do this. As much as i love and wat to do it i just cant. Then i sat there and went and brought the master out and started spraying with that and felt really comfortable. I sprayed with it a couple days then decided to bring the evo out and it just clicked. As much problems as i was having with it, it went away over night if that makes any sense.

I really think you kinda jumped over a few steps. Like you wanted to jump right in and produce artwork or something. The reality is, you have to relax and learn how to work the brush. How much time have you spent just doodling around and getting used to each brush? I really think that helps a lot.

Quiet a bit of time my friend. I think because i used to paint custom cars i could just jump into this no problem. Then you watch a video and go t h ats easy..wrong answer

You have to build muscle memory in your trigger finger!! I got fairly good about 2-3 years ago then had Heath issues and quit al together and I'm just now starting to get back into it a lil more and have already lost a lot of control with my trigger finger!! It all boils down to 3 things in my opinion

#1: TRIGGER CONTROL
#2: REDUCTION
#3: AIR PRESSURE

#1: TRIGGER CONTROL
The only way to gain trigger control is through a LOT of repetitive practice!! Boring? Yes, yields great results? Yes!

#2: REDUCTION
If you have too much reducer you'll break the pigments down too much spreading them too thin to bond, if you don't reduce enough depending on your nozzle size you'll get blocked airways causing the gun to spit and such.

#3: AIR PRESSURE
Too much air pressure, your paint can actually cure before it even hits your substrate causing a build up of unneeded overspray, and too much air pressure with over reduced paint will cause many spiders/runs if applied too quickly!!

Dial those 3 in and you'll find your new addiction!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back