For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

cool discovery :)

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Malky, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Very Likeable!

Kilsyth, Glasgow, Scotland, UK, Planet Earth
    As I mentioned elsewhere on the forum I bought some Clay-board at the weekend, while I was in the shop I took four 5" x 7" boards out of the rack and as I did that an assistant approached me and asked if I needed any help, I said maybe, then asked him if I took all four boards could I have them for a tenner, he said that would only be possible if I was a student or or member of one of the recognised clubs in the area, so I said OK I'm only taking three then, I wanted to stay under a tenner for the entire purchase:)

When I went to pay for my boards I used my visa card to pay, I did not look at the pin machine other than to punch in my pin number, so I had no idea at all exactly how much I paid, although I knew what the total should have been, so I walked out of the shop with a little bag containing my three boards, my receipts and a tiny hairy brush I bought separately down stairs in the same shop.

I hadn't opened or even looked at this again until I checked my bank app this morning and noticed that the total credited to the art store was less than I had imagined so I got the bag out and emptied it's contents onto my lap, as can be seen on the back of one board on the photo here, the asking price was GBP 2.79 which should have been a total of GBP 8.37, looking at the sales receipt I was only charged GBP 6.27:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: a quick calculation shows me that there was a 25% discount, clearly the shop must have had a discount Saturday just as the the other shop I visit frequently does, which seems to be verified by the the little black line at the bottom of the receipt stating my saving, how damn cool is that? :) my only complaint now is that had I known that I could still have had the four boards for under a tenner, aaaaand the geezer who allegedly assisted me didn't bother to tell me this event was on, the bastard, he'll get a slap on the wrist next time I visit, I won't do it hard though because they are still nice people:thumbsup::)

In all honesty I didn't find the original price too expensive at all, I've had several paint pals done on these boards and have to say, they do look and feel very processional, so I think I think I shall do all my future PP's on them too:thumbsup:

20180626_102947.jpg
    SiRoxx, HellBird and JackEb like this.
  2. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

Well that is a good thing but hind sight means you could have gotten the 4th on too LOL. Damn young sales/stocking people usually never have a clue what is going on or on what day it goes on .
    But glad to hear you saved money .
  3. Malky

That's what I meant, I could have gone home with all four boards and still have been well under my tenner, and while the salesman was telling me I couldn't have a discount, he neglected to inform me that there was a 25% off everything event in store that same day.

But finding out a couple of days later you got such a discount without even knowing it is also fun:)

Everytime I visit Glasgow I visit the same two shops who both have these event regular, if I was clever I would actually checking out their websites to find out when they're on, for the other of the two I actually have a discount card but being the total left breast that I am I left that at home:confused: even my brother said "wouldnt it make sense to wait until you're awake before visiting any shop?" He's my brother and I love him but he's a smart arse, although quite correct:)
  4. JackEb

JackEb The Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

Nice score Malky, I do like claybord, just so damn expensive here down under. I did a bulk claybord order of assorted sizes when a particular retailer was having a sale on 'excess stock' I dont think it sells to quick here due to the price, Their loss, my gain.
    I have got the recipe for the claybord that many are having success with, so once I have used this i'll dabble in a bit of DIY claybord.
  5. Malky

I'm looking forward to giving it a go, I've always liked my gessoed board and I get the impression the clayboard will be the same but easier.

I've almost got my (temporary) space sorted out, hopefully I can get to paint something before the weekend.
  6. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

Score Malky!! Now you know when to make a visit to the stores.
  7. Malky

I'm guessing it will be once a month, but as I said above, from now in I'll check their websites first before I leave the house, both shops are quite close each other so I imagine they'll want outdo each other, generally when I need a load of stuff one shop has usually has what the other hasn't so I always end up in them both, the shop above sells all the golden mediums but not the golden airbrush paints, the other one sells the paints but no mediums:confused: I've told them both just crazy I think that is but they don't listen.