Could Be a Problem with my Fantasy!

A

Arty

Hi Everyone

I had a Pix Max Fantasy Airbrush Set for Christmas and being my first try with airbrushing I was all excited to spray a masterpiece. However when I tried out the pressue on both guns without paint no matter how high I set the pressure when I trigger the guns the pressue drops to 18psi. I always thought the pressure should remain constant, do you think theres a problem with the compressor or with me!! I would appreciate your comments.

Kind Regards

Arty

The pressure will drop when you pull back for air, if you want a specific pressure pull back on the trigger and then set it, but it shouldn't be automatically dropping to 18, maybe your pressure valve is faulty?

The pressure will drop when you pull back for air, if you want a specific pressure pull back on the trigger and then set it, but it shouldn't be automatically dropping to 18, maybe your pressure valve is faulty?

Hi Squishy

Thanks for your reply. Seeing that the compressor is new and I found this fault before I used it with paint, I have asked the supplier to exchange it for another new one. So hopefully this will be done and I will have to be patient a little while longer before I can get spraying.
Regards
Arty

Many companies claim they hold higher pressure but its the when spraying that countsc.
also important to get a unit that won't give you moisture issues and get over worked .
here is a video on our coastairbrushtv.com site that may help .
Compressor Guide - Choosing the correct compressor & maintaining your compressor
if you need some other help feel free to contact me at coastairbrush.com for more options and detailed info .

Hi David
Many thanks for your reply and for the video. This gave me a lot more insight and I guess in time I will be looking to buy a more versatile compressor. Am I able to buy your compressors over here in the UK?
Regards
Arty

Most studio compressor only shoot at about 15 to 20 PSI That is one problem with them.
But you can spray with that pressure with no problem but you may have to reduce your paint more..

Here is a very helpful video all about compressors...Compressor Guide - Choosing the correct compressor & maintaining your compressor

Hi Mr Micron
Many thanks for your reply and video link. David Monning from that company had already sent me the same link and yes I found it very informative. Knowing me once I get the feel of spraying I will definitely upgrade my equipment.
Regards
Arty

Back