Couldn't wait

O

oldhead

Well with that 40% off coupon from hobby lobby I couldn't resist (thanks for the find tacticalbacon). Also ordered a starter wicked set and a 10' braided hose from coastal

no problem any time! :D im not entirely sure how hobby lobby stays in business lol their app regenerates a new 40% coupon every week... its one coupon per item per person per day so i go out to lunch with some friends and then be like "hey lets stop by hobby lobby" and pass my phone to the next person :D score lol

what'd you get? eclipse hp-cs? great gun.. finicky with white and a little with black but from what i understand... its like that with everyone lol

yup that is the one. I used the store locator and found that there is one near the track I go to in Millville

Eclipse is a great airbrush, I got mine the same way. And yes we all struggle with white. Black not usually as much. Opaque paints are the worst. Over reduce 4:1 at least to start. Whatever you do stay away from basic createx paint, not that you cant use it, its just very thick and will clog easy as you are first learning. The Comart that came in the eclipse kit will be good to practice with, no reduction really needed with the eclipse, just run your air pressure around 30-35psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i should have got the wicked starter set... i got the basic one and although im doing okay with them.. they dont quite do what i want them to... createx airbrush cleaner too... works very well one thing i would suggest on picking up is a good cleaning kit....Amazon.com: Master Airbrush Brand - Airbrush Cleaning KIT #1 Spray GUN & Airbrush Clean Set, Everything You Need to Keep You New Binks, Devilbiss, Sata, Iwata, Master, Badger, Paasche & Other Spray Equipment in Top Condition.: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

although its easy as pie to clean... i always feel better keeping a good cleaning kit near by :)

Amazon.com: Createx 16oz Airbrush Restorer: Arts, Crafts & Sewing
i hear this stuff is nice to keep around for soaking parts only as well... havent tried it yet but i will :D

will... the wicked stuff is thin like the comart stuff right? sprayable right out of the bottle?

will... the wicked stuff is thin like the comart stuff right? sprayable right out of the bottle?

Com-Art sprays pretty well right out of the bottle, even for detail work. It's not as heavily pigmented as Wicked.
To get Wicked to spray just like Com-Art, I usually have to reduce about 5 : 1(reducer : paint), maybe even more. (still has more tip dry than Com-Art, even reduced)

I use Wicked detail paints , if you have a .3 or larger nozzle set its not so bad but I use the badger velocity w/ .2 set up and I usually need to reduce 10:1 - 15:1 using the w500 HP reducer tip dry is not as bad but still have it periodically.

Hobby Lobby and Michael's both have the weekly 40% off coupons:D
Glad you too the plunge .

http://www.coastairbrush.com/products.asp?cat=59

The airbrush restorer is great stuff and the bottle will last you forever due to being reusable.
I filter mine back into the bottle , it is over 5 years old and still cuts through the dried paint in the nozzle like it did when I first got the bottle.

Last edited:
The airbrush restorer is great stuff and the bottle will last you forever due to being reusable.
I filter mine back into the bottle , it is over 5 years old and still cuts through the dried paint in the nozzle like it did when I first got the bottle.

what do you used to filter it? a wad of cheese cloth?... im definately looking into this stuff

And yet another bit of advice I learned. Never would have thought you could reuse it. Maybe strain it through a coffee filter

And yet another bit of advice I learned. Never would have thought you could reuse it. Maybe strain it through a coffee filter

Well I use a paint filter But I may try a coffee filter and see how that goes.

Well it finally got here. Now if the hose and wicked colors sample set from coast airbrush will get here I can sling some paint

eclipse_zpsda4dd923.jpg

i should have got the wicked starter set... i got the basic one and although im doing okay with them.. they dont quite do what i want them to... createx airbrush cleaner too... works very well one thing i would suggest on picking up is a good cleaning kit....Amazon.com: Master Airbrush Brand - Airbrush Cleaning KIT #1 Spray GUN & Airbrush Clean Set, Everything You Need to Keep You New Binks, Devilbiss, Sata, Iwata, Master, Badger, Paasche & Other Spray Equipment in Top Condition.: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

although its easy as pie to clean... i always feel better keeping a good cleaning kit near by :)

Amazon.com: Createx 16oz Airbrush Restorer: Arts, Crafts & Sewing
i hear this stuff is nice to keep around for soaking parts only as well... havent tried it yet but i will :D

do please be carefull about what you put up your nozzle :)

Back