Createx 4030

There were a lot here that had the same issue, many of us have abandoned 4030

I think whatever the issue was has been resolved. Unfortunately, there's probably no way of knowing how many of the old bottles are still in circulation, especially on the other side of the globe. I haven't lost a bottle since I produced those videos and I have 5 or 6 bottles of various sizes in stock. I haven't given up on that particular product; however, I really do prefer the UVLS now and almost always choose to use it instead of 4030. I suppose I should use up what 4030 I have left now that I'm thinking about it...

Thanks everyone!

I tried fleetwood low tack washi tape. Not for automotive work but it actually seems to work well. It’s semi transparent and easy to cut.
Just remember that just because you can’t see residue it doesn’t mean there isn’t any. Residue often won’t show to the naked eye, only when you clear coat. Your Washi tape is fine for practice but when you do you the ‘proper’ job then use the one that’s designed for automotive work

Just remember that just because you can’t see residue it doesn’t mean there isn’t any. Residue often won’t show to the naked eye, only when you clear coat. Your Washi tape is fine for practice but when you do you the ‘proper’ job then use the one that’s designed for automotive work

Adding to this good advice... make sure your paint has had enough time to dry before you tape over it. Your tape may not leave a residue, but if you tape over fresh paint while it's still gassing off it will likely leave tape tracks in your finish that aren't always visible until after clear coat has been applied.

I did use wax and grease remover after each time i stuck the stencil down just to be sure. Hopefully it doesn’t cause any problems later, fingers crossed.

Back