Createx Airbrush Restorer

otpowell

Double Actioner
I bought some HOK paint. I read to use lacquer thinner to clean the brush. Also, is there something similar to createx restorer for urethane paints? Can I soak my nozzle in lacquer thinner? I also have testors paint, testors paint is a urethane enamel like HOK paint right? Can anyone clarify with paints. In urethane enamel, what are each of these chemicals used for, and how is it different from acrylic enamel? Is acrylic lacquer similar to acrylic enamel, how are they different other than the obvious? Why is lacquer thinner used to clean urethane paint? Is lacquer stronger than urethane?

I bought some HOK paint. I read to use lacquer thinner to clean the brush. Also, is there something similar to createx restorer for urethane paints? Can I soak my nozzle in lacquer thinner? I also have testors paint, testors paint is a urethane enamel like HOK paint right? Can anyone clarify with paints. In urethane enamel, what are each of these chemicals used for, and how is it different from acrylic enamel? Is acrylic lacquer similar to acrylic enamel, how are they different other than the obvious? Why is lacquer thinner used to clean urethane paint? Is lacquer stronger than urethane?
Lacquer thinner is all you need for Urethane paint. Unlike waterbase paint , when you spray thinner through to clean you brush it also knocks out any paint in the nozzle.
where as the dried waterbase paint just keeps building.

hey herb, would lacquer thinner be any good sprayed through occasionally to clear water based paint build up rather than a brush strip?

hey herb, would lacquer thinner be any good sprayed through occasionally to clear water based paint build up rather than a brush strip?

nope , I tried that and got goo, was hell to clean.

ah ok bud, thanks for sharing....maybe one day I wil try uros but st the moment I'm happy with my wicked....wait till abilities improve I think then maybe try uros.....waiting on a sample of illustration colours from createx....do hope they send them

ah ok bud, thanks for sharing....maybe one day I wil try uros but st the moment I'm happy with my wicked....wait till abilities improve I think then maybe try uros.....waiting on a sample of illustration colours from createx....do hope they send them

I tried it before i learned about restorer, I ended up buying a new needle / nozzle set up and then I was told about restorer.. Since than that is all I use for cleaning my airbrushes when I am using water based paints. uros are fun but than again only if you have the space to set up even a small spray booth with filter on it.

would lacquer thinner be any good sprayed through occasionally to clear water based paint build up rather than a brush strip?

I do this when I get a stubborn bit of paint, I remove as much moisture with the air on first then leave to soak for five mins back flush and empty, then flush through with some clean thinners, it work for me but i must add you should have a mask on....

The paint booth. What is the main benefit, Kepping your paint job clean? I read a post that someone mentioned, if they had a paint booth, it would of looked like a show car professional paint job. How does that work? Is it because the booth sucks in some of the overspray?

HOK is basically the same exact fumes as a spray can right? I have a good respirator.. Hope to have a nice 200 dollar paint booth soon

So really, you should even have a paint booth and respirator for testors model paints.

no so much the paint booth ,remember rattle cans are 2 to 3 time thinner than what you would spray through a spray gun. Plus most are not urethane but enamel which means ISO's are lower.
Ask the garage who is given you paint for the regulation on auto paint for you area. it will teach you what you need to know to be safe .

Oh ok. Thanks Herb. I didn't know that they were thinner. I need to read an article about paint and solvents.. Time to research.

ISO's and VOC's, a lot of acronyms where I have no idea what they mean.. Another one was ABS, I just know its a type of plastic. LOL. TTYL.

I just sprayed some testors enamel through my airbrush and cleaned it with lacquer thinner.. I took my needle off and wiped it with some mineral spirits.. Should I break it down more than that or soak my nozzle? I also sprayed some lacquer thinner though my nozzle @ about 60psi hoping that it would blast any stuck paint through my nozzle. I've read nightmare stories about ppl using solvent based paints and didn't clean properly.

Thanks Herb, I can't thank you enough for helping me understand airbrushing and paints. I also read a good article about automotive paint and it kind of cleared up some questions in my mind.. I want to take those house of kolor classes in Texas.. Maybe I should take a regular auto paint class at a local school first. Herb, do you ever try to make any money with your skills and knowledge? I think it would be cool to start an auto paint shop.. Living near Daytona beach Florida and bike week, I know I could make a killing during bike week.

Thanks Herb, I can't thank you enough for helping me understand airbrushing and paints. I also read a good article about automotive paint and it kind of cleared up some questions in my mind.. I want to take those house of kolor classes in Texas.. Maybe I should take a regular auto paint class at a local school first. Herb, do you ever try to make any money with your skills and knowledge? I think it would be cool to start an auto paint shop.. Living near Daytona beach Florida and bike week, I know I could make a killing during bike week.
I do sell some of my work , I have been painting cars since the late 60's But only got into airbrushing a few years ago ,
It is good to take any class you can afford to if this is what you want to do for a living. Me , I do it as a hobby .
Bike week mainly pin strippers make bank, Why cause most of them have been doing it so long that they can do it good and fast and make money.
But like everything in life the more you learn the better you will get, I can not say enough learn the products you are using, if your goal is automotive the take classes in that.

Back