Createx AutoAir Reduction

W

wongsol

Hello All:

I've just started using the water based paints and the only thing that seems to be readily available is the Createx Autoair paints at the Curry's store chains that's easily accessible.

My problem is is that I've read many posts all over the internet about reduction rates. I use a Paasche VL and I'm trying to use the #1 tip (0.559) and my problem with the paints seems to be more prevalent with the opaques. I get spidering or tip dry and just a plain pain in the butt. Transparents seem to go well straight from the bottle or with little reducer.

My reduction rates have been to spec (per their website 4011) 3 parts reducer to 1 part paint. And then my own experiments.

The other things I was wondering is if I should be using the needle lube. It seems to be tight through the nylon busing at the internal hole. I've loosened it off a bit to give it more play but then it's not a tight seal and paint flows past it.

Is this a known issue with this type of paint or airbrush?

I've never had this issue when painting with urethanes or other non waterbased automotive paints.

Thanks everyone who will answer :)

First off welcome to the forum.
Next at what air pressure are you spraying at.
Being you have ran urethane through this airbrush you will have to replace the needle bearing gasket. One down side to the Paasche Vl.
3 to 1 is the recommend reduction with a .35 or .30 needle nozzle set up. But with the .50 or larger no reduction to 1 to 1 reduction works best.
But again this is designed for .35 at 35 to 40 PSI.

So first try it straight out he bottle and see how that works for you.

Thanks Mr. Micron for the quick response.

I've tried 5-15psi on the reduced mix and have gone to the the 35.40psi straight out of the bottle and still tip dry and clogging. I find the opaques as thick as syrup straight out, but it works okay with the larger tips.

I've not used urethane with this brush but thanks for the tip on changing the gasket.

I've heard that the 4012 reducer is magical with little or no tip dry, but it's not available in that store, I'd have to get them to order it in.

Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks Mr. Micron for the quick response.

I've tried 5-15psi on the reduced mix and have gone to the the 35.40psi straight out of the bottle and still tip dry and clogging. I find the opaques as thick as syrup straight out, but it works okay with the larger tips.

I've not used urethane with this brush but thanks for the tip on changing the gasket.

I've heard that the 4012 reducer is magical with little or no tip dry, but it's not available in that store, I'd have to get them to order it in.

Not sure where to go from here.
Not sure where you are located but just get some of the new W500 it will work with Autoair, Wicked , Wicked Illustrated.
and no tip dry.
Coast Airbrush carries it in stock..
5 to 15 PSI is a bit low for a siphon feed But it is doable...

Not sure where you are located but just get some of the new W500 it will work with Autoair, Wicked , Wicked Illustrated.
and no tip dry.
Coast Airbrush carries it in stock..
5 to 15 PSI is a bit low for a siphon feed But it is doable...

Waiting for the suppliers to send the W500 to the uk. Everything airbrush are talking to them about it now. Hope it's available soon. Anyone tried it yet, and how does it compare to the W100?

Waiting for the suppliers to send the W500 to the uk. Everything airbrush are talking to them about it now. Hope it's available soon. Anyone tried it yet, and how does it compare to the W100?

I have been using it for over a month now , LOVE IT:D But as far as tip dry What is that ??? I still get some at 2-5 PSI after an hour at that pressure but hey that is way better than the W100.
And at 30 -35 PSI I have not gotten any yet.So yes it is way better than the W100
Hope you all get it over there soon.

I have a Talon and I seem to get tipdry using the. 38 needle and the reducers for autoair colors. I am going to follow this post

Tony

Back