Createx Illustration Seeding

This is the result of some experimenting today.
On the left is a 1:1 ratio with 4011 Reducer going in the cup first.
On the right is Createx’s recommended 5-10% reduction again with 4011.

Next is another 1:1 reduction, this time with 4020 Reducer going in the cup first.

I think it’s probably safe to say the bottle of paint is the issue. The only other variable would be the cups I’m using to mix.
I will try a mix in a different cup but being that it seems to continue to seed when it’s in the airbrush, I’m not confident that the cup is the cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. That is pretty clearly the paint. Also, from a chemistry perspective I have never understood the claim that over-reduction causes seeding. It makes no sense. If you add more water to your soup, it doesn't make the noodles clump, or make salt crystals form. I've always thought that this was a cover story for product that had an unexpected chemical reaction that cause polymerization. I've a science and chem background, so this has always seemed extremely dubious to me. The fact that some people are mixing 10:1 (I do sometimes with black or white for very small detail for example) and the same color from a different bottle doesn't seed, kinda clinched that for me.

But as I mentioned before, I've never had it with 4011, but I may have just been lucky. I think once in a while a bad bottle makes it through, or somewhere along the line the bottle got frozen and that can force pigment out of suspension very easily.

Up here in Canada, I've had bottles of go bad because they were shipped during winter, and froze. You can recover them somewhat with the filter trick, but they are never the same.

Maybe your violet got cooked or frozen in shipping.

Hope they are cool and replace the bottle.

I agree. That is pretty clearly the paint. Also, from a chemistry perspective I have never understood the claim that over-reduction causes seeding. It makes no sense. If you add more water to your soup, it doesn't make the noodles clump, or make salt crystals form. I've always thought that this was a cover story for product that had an unexpected chemical reaction that cause polymerization. I've a science and chem background, so this has always seemed extremely dubious to me. The fact that some people are mixing 10:1 (I do sometimes with black or white for very small detail for example) and the same color from a different bottle doesn't seed, kinda clinched that for me.

But as I mentioned before, I've never had it with 4011, but I may have just been lucky. I think once in a while a bad bottle makes it through, or somewhere along the line the bottle got frozen and that can force pigment out of suspension very easily.

Up here in Canada, I've had bottles of go bad because they were shipped during winter, and froze. You can recover them somewhat with the filter trick, but they are never the same.

Maybe your violet got cooked or frozen in shipping.

Hope they are cool and replace the bottle.
I completely agree.

Back