Createx paint bottle marbling ????

Leakyvalve

Mac-Valve Maestro!
I just picked up the Lifeline Createx illustration kit. One thing that is puzzling me, is the bottles are all marbled from the various pigments they use to mix the colors. This is after at least a minute or more of shaking the marble around. The paint looks smooth and homogenized when you unscrew the top. I was wondering what causes this and if it throws off the color profile you're supposed to receive. What do you guys think?

20181001_161406.jpg 20181001_161357.jpg

its not mixed enough, the createx illustration range seem to seperate quickly. maybe its the binder they use or because they are finer pigments,
I have the badger mixer but actually find these more convenient as the bottom of the bottles isnt flat and the badger cant get into the bottom of it properly.

These are cheap enough too, also handy with the flat end for holding down paper stencils that wont lay down properly
Just google Tamiya paint stirrers

upload_2018-10-2_8-24-18.png

its not mixed enough, the createx illustration range seem to seperate quickly. maybe its the binder they use or because they are finer pigments, dunnoI have the badger mixer but actually find these more convenient as the bottom of the bottles isnt flat and the badger cant get into the bottom of it properly.

cheap enough too, also handy with the flat end for holding down paper stencils that wont lay down properly
Just google Tamiya paint stirrers

View attachment 56483
Originally designed as training chopsticks , oddly enough they still give you two even though they repackage them as a paint stirrer.

Last edited:
So I used my mini paint mixer to super mix it. Basically using the swirling motion of the paint to pull the pigment off the side of the bottle.
Anybody have an idea on how they actually mix this paint? I was wondering if they do big vats per color or if they run along a line of pigment and each bottle gets a squirt of this and a couple squirts of that. Kinda like how they do it at Lowe's or Home Depot.

Oh, and this Createx Illustration is living up to my expectations. It will pull some really good lines and lays down really smooth without much tip dry. Of course you need to get your viscosity set, but I was having very few issues even with a .18 Micron.

I talked with a guy who buys lots of colors from createx in germany. He sells createx. His words were, that they keep color in big canisters and pure it out when needed. He also sad, this can be a problem when canister is very low on color. Didn't ask him if they mix,stir or something in those canisters..

edit: I also forgot why low canister would be a problem.

Back