Createx Red

why do these sorts of questions always come up when i'm at work and not in the shed where i can do test sprays of the createx....
oh thats right, you folks are all late in your day while i'm still in the middle of mine lol

why do these sorts of questions always come up when i'm at work and not in the shed where i can do test sprays of the createx....
oh thats right, you folks are all late in your day while i'm still in the middle of mine lol
Yep that is it LOL :D

FWIW... I'm trying to come up with some colors for brush application ( wanted to ask the question to all when I figure that out - how to start a thread ). Anyway, I brushed on Createx Colors Transparent Deep Red 5124, on bare wood and it IS opaque red. Don't know how it would do in an airbrush... but just played with it and it's definitely red.

if you click on a forum, say "airbrush paints" it should have a big post new thread button at the top.

Cherry red is Transparent so it take time to build it to red.
Scarlet Red will go on red straight out the bottle but when reduced it build to red slower
Carmine take forever to build to a red LOL
Pearl red due to the pearl will look more on the pink side.

Thank you for the detailed explanation mista, I am in the process in using Carmine Red trying to build it up I have 4 passes right now and it looks super pink! (it actually has to dry before I can lay another coat) I wonder if using the transparent base makes it look even more pink than usual (as this is a big must to my process) I will have pics for all a bit later :)

I dont know if this relates, but everything I use comes out much lighter on paper than it looks in the cup?

Thank you for the detailed explanation mista, I am in the process in using Carmine Red trying to build it up I have 4 passes right now and it looks super pink! (it actually has to dry before I can lay another coat) I wonder if using the transparent base makes it look even more pink than usual (as this is a big must to my process) I will have pics for all a bit later :)

by using a transparent base you have now effectively 'spread the paint' even thinner, so your background is now more obvious.

What exactly are you painting on Sammi, and what sort of effect are you aiming for , it might help suggest ways to resolve your problems

FWIW... I'm trying to come up with some colors for brush application ( wanted to ask the question to all when I figure that out - how to start a thread ). Anyway, I brushed on Createx Colors Transparent Deep Red 5124, on bare wood and it IS opaque red. Don't know how it would do in an airbrush... but just played with it and it's definitely red.

If you brushed it on with a hairy brush then yes, it will look opaque, you've put on the equivilant of about 20 layers of sprayed paint lol

by using a transparent base you have now effectively 'spread the paint' even thinner, so your background is now more obvious.

What exactly are you painting on Sammi, and what sort of effect are you aiming for , it might help suggest ways to resolve your problems
(you will see in my experiments what I have done) I get that the transparent thing is turning it pink I see it in mitch's color wheel I just wish I could get a blood red transparent without fudging it with yellow, well I kinda think I just have to keep doing what I am doing. stay tuned to behold the beautiful Unda

Oh to add my process is to super thin any color I use, this I believe has become habit

P.S. I know I am a stubborn b, please don't take it to heart if I come across that way. I truly appreciate your input :)

(you will see in my experiments what I have done) I get that the transparent thing is turning it pink I see it in mitch's color wheel I just wish I could get a blood red transparent without fudging it with yellow, well I kinda think I just have to keep doing what I am doing. stay tuned to behold the beautiful Unda
That is called Blood Red Candy2o :D LOL
But why are you fudging it with yellow and not green which is the opposite color on the wheel?

So this is my journey from this post, thank you all as you made experiment. (I just red to add green well the greens I have are moss green, and apple green and according to mitch's color moving clockwise gets me red, but the green would move inward I realize meh . . . something else to try) I NEEEED THE TRANSPARENT BASE! I build everything up slow it's just my nature (yes you people are super talented and I am not but whatevs)
so layering you will see in this pic this is my first pass with crimson red
MpJJFx6.jpg

you can see in my second pass it's jsut a brighter pink and by this time I have laid the paint so thick it's starting to ummm whats the word? . . . do funky things? I dunno (insert adjective here)
0sxL5wT.jpg

I did 3 or 4 passes only to get a deeper and deeper pink so I am like okay we are going back to my roots and added a bit of yellow here:
LHbyyJR.jpg

you can see the red coming out a lot easier right? (rhetorical question of course) now this is the final product as I did add details waiting for the red to dry :
XRR5uSo.jpg

I wish the Red was deeper and my next move is to add green as Mista suggested ty ty never thought about moving that way in the color wheel to get the blood red I want. meh whatevs.

Ok, you've stated you 'need' transparent base, but if you are working on the art pad then you could use reducer instead, then lower the PSI accordingly.

I'll do some experimenting on the weekend, (only 36 hours away for me) and try and show you the difference between trans base and reducer.

What PSI are you running and what brush Sam ?

Ok, you've stated you 'need' transparent base, but if you are working on the art pad then you could use reducer instead, then lower the PSI accordingly.

I'll do some experimenting on the weekend, (only 36 hours away for me) and try and show you the difference between trans base and reducer.

What PSI are you running and what brush Sam ?

I used to use 10 - 15, meesh suggest I try closer to 35 psi and it seems my over spray is better like that. ummm yeah I need transparent base otherwise my paints are so thinned out the pigment cannot hold it together in the cup and literally fall apart before my eyes. the reducer I use to get the consistency I need and that is all ( I literally will use fractions of drop from the bottle. ex: I will put a drop on a page and pick up a slight amount with a paint brush to mix it in)

is this all just because you're worried about going to dark to soon ?

Back