Createx Thining/spraying Problems

B

blonde_215

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew how much you should thin the plain opaque createx paint? Im having trouble with my paint, it kinda sprays spotchy like with a speckly grainy overspray. Does this mean there is something wrong with the paint or perhaps i didnt thin it enough. The paint is a bit old is it possible its gone off?
Any advice would be appreciated! :)

Basically you want the paint to be the consistency of skim milk. If you swish it around in the paint cup, it should freely flow to the bottom, but still coat the side a tiny bit. If you are using just the regular createx textile paint try going with a 1:2 (paint:water) to start with. Set your air pressure around 35 psi and work from there.

What airbrush are you trying to push this through. What air pressure are you using.
Createx is a textile paint. Thicker than it brothers WICKED , AutoAir, And WICKED Illustration.
Through a .50 set up at 60 psi you can pretty much spray it straight out the bottle .
.35 set up: 3 parts reducer to 1 part paint. up to 10 parts reducer to 1 part paint. 35 psi
I really have never thought about spraying regular Createx through any thing smaller than .35 unless I filter it.
Also are you using createx reducer or water?

I was trying to use water so perhaps that is my problem. Also i think it is a .3 so i might change it to the .5 i got with the airbrush.

I have some auto air and wicked coming in the mail. Can i use their reducers with the plain createx paint or is it very different?

Thanks for both your fast and helpful replys! :)

I was trying to use water so perhaps that is my problem. Also i think it is a .3 so i might change it to the .5 i got with the airbrush.

I have some auto air and wicked coming in the mail. Can i use their reducers with the plain createx paint or is it very different?

Thanks for both your fast and helpful replys! :)

Yes any of the Createx line reducer can be used.
Now if you are using straight water , 75% water mixed with 25% denatured alcohol.. works great as a home made reducer. You can add 1 drop per ounces (bottle size) of glycerin for better flow and less tip dry.

Back