Createx Wicked and issues

that would be my guess, 25:1 is pretty severe.
Maybe try 1:1 at 20psi and then add reducer drop by drop from there until you get it spraying how you like it
I am doing 1 color 2 reducer with my 0.35 at 20psi. So I don't get splattering on glass... But I get tip dry every 10 seconds. The problem with my spraying is splattering when I come close. At this reduction I don't get it, but with that tip dry st.bede would go nuts...

Yesterday you remind me I have 4030. I need to test it with this reduction

I do realize my issues are just cause I need to learn more how to control my airbrush, that's why I don't worry about much.

And I am taking it with a bunch of optimism. I am already almost master of cleaning tip dry lol

it also helps if I curse -.-

I forgot to mention I noticed I have more tip dry if I am spraying afternoon when it's hot then at night when it's not so hot.

What did you not like about how it sprayed?
It was just too light and a bit watery...

I was able to purchase some 4011 (W100). I did a fast test with it and it seemed to work a little better. I reduced it 3 to 1. I was still getting too much tip dry but compared to how much I was reducing it seems like I can reduce 10 to 1 and the 4011 might just work. I am still a newbie when it comes to paint. Tomorrow when I really sit down and paint, I will give it a more full test.

If this does not work I might just try the expensive paint, aeroflash? I can not remember the paints name.

.... hmmm, I am probably crazy.

I am painting thin lines super close. I was told low psi and high reduction. I used to run my comp at 15 psi now I have a Mac valve so I turn it really low. Maybe I need to up the psi.

I do know that here in Fresno it is dry and hot. This summer has been really nice so far but easily over 80 everyday. (This weekend it is supposed to be 107).

Paint has always seemed to be a problem. I think a lot of it has to do with my lack of experience.

When I first stared, I used the com art black, then when I ran out of that, I tried what they had at the art store... I was mixing acrylics with some stuff. Then the store received some Golden High Flow and the Golden airbrush medium... I was only painting lines and letters but I remember having problems with the paint.

I then finally felt ready to paint pieces, so I bought some com art.

Basically after the com art arrived my ex-wife would not let me paint in the house. I could never figure out how to safely heat the garage. The cold is much harder on me then the heat. (Fresno never gets super cold but even moderate cold can mess with my hands). At that point I stoped painting.

I got back into playing music. (There is a long story there), and gave up airbrushing all together.

Now that I am away from my ex and finally getting myself together (after years of emotional abuse). I am once again making money playing gigs and working on my airbrush skills. I have painted some practice pieces, but I typically work on technique. Eventually when I pick up the airbrush it should work like a pen for me. (A pen with a soft line).

It looks like 3 reducer to 2 paint is working ok with the two recipes: I have tried 2 4011 and 1 4012, also 1 4011 and 2 4012. 3 (4011 or 4012) to 2, seems to watery. I am also straining the paint/reducer mix. None the less, I get a lot of tip dry. I have also increased my PSI. I am going to try 1 4011, 1 4012, and 1 4030, to see how that works.

Over all I am not digging on the paint. Probably lack of experience. I like com art when strained but I want to paint all surfaces. Also the stupid com art bottles leak badly on me, causing grief and frustration.

I am thinking about trying Golden hi-flow. I learned that before I was using Golden liquid with the Golden airbrush reducer. The only thing about hi-flow is that it is not recommended for textile.

There has to be other paints out there that would gel with me.... again, maybe with more experience this will become moot.

Thank you... I guess that where I live tip dry is just part of the experience.

Back