Createx Wicked Mixing Balls

D

dmshanks

Do all Wicked colors have a mixing ball inside? I can't get my 2 oz bottles of primary black and red bottles to rattle. The other colors started rattling immediately. I even stirred the black with a mixing stick starting from the bottom of the bottle and moving upward, gently scraping the sides of the bottle as I moved upwards to the very top in hopes of loosening up the ball. Still no rattle. Odd.

I have found the same thing. My Wicked Black doesn’t rattle and it’s the same with a couple of other colours. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about if you’re stirring well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wicked black doesn’t have a mixing ball. Detail black and smoke black do. Regular black must not need one? They are just marbles. Like the glass marbles kids play with. You could add one if you wanted. I cleaned out a few empty bottles and saved the marbles. Now all I need is a bouncy ball.

Rest the bottle on a radiator for a few minutes if its a little cold, it will mix up quicker. Or buy a battery operated milk frother from Ikea (called "Produkt") they are like £1 in the UK and remove the spring at the bottom. They make a fantastic electric mixer.

Lee

Ah, very good. So it is as it should be. Thanks everyone. That milk frother is a great idea for mixing paint. I don't think it would fit into a 2 oz Wicked bottle, but for all mixing outside the bottle, which is probable where all multi-color mixing occurs, it looks ideal. Incidentally, I was in our local Ikea last week and happened upon that very milk frother. I had no idea what it was, but it looked like it was designed to stir something. They are $2.79 US. I think I'll pick one up on my next Ikea visit :)

Ah, very good. So it is as it should be. Thanks everyone. That milk frother is a great idea for mixing paint. I don't think it would fit into a 2 oz Wicked bottle, but for all mixing outside the bottle, which is probable where all multi-color mixing occurs, it looks ideal. Incidentally, I was in our local Ikea last week and happened upon that very milk frother. I had no idea what it was, but it looked like it was designed to stir something. They are $2.79 US. I think I'll pick one up on my next Ikea visit :)
once you've removed the 'spring' you then just cut the base of the 'stirrer' to fit into the neck of the bottle.

Ah, so it WILL fit into a small plastic bottle, when is is modified slightly. I’m trying it. Thank you!

I use multi-faceted glass beads in my aftermarket bottles. I made sure when I bought them that they would fit the bottles I was going to use. The heavier the paint, the heavier the stone need to be.

mixing_beads_sml.jpg

Back