Crown cap saved my dropped Iwata HP-SBS!!

M

Melbee

Hi Folks,
I've just had my first major near disaster from dropping my airbrush on the floor! I accidently activated my quick release and my airbrush pinged off on to the floor.

Because I seemed to be regularly bending my needle tips I started to use my crown cap every time I airbrush. Of all the needle caps I have for the Iwata's I find this the best one and today it proved to be my saviour.

The airbrush landed head down and to one side of the crown cap and the only damage was that one of the pronges was slightly bent inwards. The needle would and been severely damaged and the chances are the nozzle too if I'd had no cap on so you can imagine how happy I am !!!!!!!!

So I straightened out the bent prong but when I tried to start painting the airbrush wouldn't work at all, aaaagh! But I quickly noticed that the stopper on the other side of the cup had pinged off. When I eventually found it and put it back in, my Eclipse was spraying as sweet as it ever does.

So, Hooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for the Crown cap. It works like a dream when I airbrush and now it's just saved me wads of cash!!!
Iwata HP-SBS with Crown Cap.jpg

From a very happy Mel :)

Thanks folks :) I'm well chuffed.

The crown cap came off my Veda WD180 and makes the money I spent on the airbrush totally worth while. The airbrush itself is rubbish and I never use it. I obviously got a bad one because the WD134 that I got at the same time is fine.

I'm going to buy a few more crown caps so I can put them on all my regularly used airbrushes, at the moment I keep swapping them over.

My Badger Sotar has a 2 pronged air cap which I also like because you can see the needle when working but you must be careful using the cleaning station because it doesn't protect from all sides like the crown cap.

cheers Mel

Last edited by a moderator:
good for you man,good to know that good stuff happens to friends!!!:angel:

Same story for me, i have the crown cap of a veda on my c+ a lot of times. Just not today when it decided to fall and destroy the needle.

Same story for me, i have the crown cap of a veda on my c+ a lot of times. Just not today when it decided to fall and destroy the needle.

Oh no Rick! that sucks.
The Veda crown cap is great though eh?

It takes a little getting used to but if you take a wrap of your hose around your wrist everytime you pic up your brush Your chances of disaster go down quite a bit. I take off my cap for painting but put it back on before cleaning on the bench as this is when I generaly mess up

Rick that sucks man.

I really should start wrapping my hose around my forearm. Its only a matter of time before fate stikes . I always remove the cap from my HP-CH , any of my Badgers that have a picker cap are in danger too, I even ground down my patriot cap .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back