Crown cap

not a great deal really..... just stops you touching the needle on the substrate and bending it....

The Crown shape allows you to get closer to your artwork than a conventional solid Needle Cap because it lets air in and out through the crown gaps. As Ad fez said it protects your needle tip from hitting your artwork surface and bending it. Mine also saved both needle and nozzle when I dropped it and it landed on the Crown Cap and only slightly bent a Crown prong. Nice :)

I use an Air Cap on my airbrushes which has 2 prongs and allows me to see the needle easier than a Crown Cap. Me and AndreZA actually converted a Crown Cap to an Air Cap because we like the bigger Cheapo Crown Caps (WD180 cheapo Air Cap).

Here's a link to the thread; http://www.airbrushforum.org/tips-tricks/7203-finally-did-my-air-cap-modification.html

Cheers Mel

take that thing off lol no good just be careful and put down a foam mat under the ab holder lol. I don't even know what happened to the two i have for my micron

I will never paint without my modified caps ever again. Not out of fear of dropping it, but of moving to close to the paint surface.

I will never paint without my modified caps ever again. Not out of fear of dropping it, but of moving to close to the paint surface.

I totally agree with AndreZA. I have a lot more confidence when I paint with the modified cap on and it saves me money from having to buy new needles. It also saves me time from having to straighten and polish bent ones which are never quite the same again. I modified the Air Caps to fit each airbrush and the prongs only just over lap the end of the needle so they do not effect the spray pattern at all, it's the same as spraying without a needle cap but the needle is protected from bumping the surface. The only difference is I can't pick my needle clean with my fingers so I use a toothbrush instead which is totally not a problem.
Cheers Mel

i will have to look inyto modifying my cap just so i can clean the nozzle i realy should use the thing i was just kidding aboot get rid iof it . its ok if the iwata plant or coast is down the block and your a millionair lol

Use a baby tooth brush, doesn't harm the needles, and cleans tip dry wonderfully!! My tooth brush is a barbie princess lolol

I think the @Melbee midified cap is a great idea... but do you know if i can get a cheap crown somewhere for my AB? Or I have to buy an Iwata?

Envoyé depuis mon Android via Tapatalk 4!

I think the @Melbee midified cap is a great idea... but do you know if i can get a cheap crown somewhere for my AB? Or I have to buy an Iwata?

You can get a Veda Crown Cap that fits Iwata airbrushes, this is the one I use Veda Airbrush Machine Accessories Parts Needle Cap WD 43A | eBay

I order a few at a time because they take about 3 weeks to deliver.

ive contact the seller and he is not sure if its fit on my ab ...

Hi Blackthorne,
I have Veda crown caps on my HP-SBS Eclipse, HP-SB+ and Olympos Micron. If it fits my HP-SB+ then there is no reason it should not fit your HP-BC+.
Cheers Mel

Hi Blackthorne,
I have Veda crown caps on my HP-SBS Eclipse, HP-SB+ and Olympos Micron. If it fits my HP-SB+ then there is no reason it should not fit your HP-BC+.
Cheers Mel

I've order one ... but it's still on shipping since like over a month... i love china seller on ebay ... haha!

Back