Crystals and diamonds

M

maybach

Any one have tops on creating diamonds and crystals, air brushing. Or perhaps has done before, I find it mentally hard to grasp around the concept of creating chrome effects, diamond/crystal effects and thing with shine and transparency.

Stick aroudn then Maybach, Cordy is going to be heading a class on chrome lettering starting in the next few days:)

Sorry, can't help you with crystals and diamonds but old school chrome is easy. Here's a few I did back in the mid 90's. It's not right, but that is how the how-to books showed it to be done. The bottom half reflects the horizon and the ground and the top the sky. With bevels you reflect the sky on all the bevels point up and the ground on the ones pointing down.

Airbrush_sml_sml.jpgHarley-Davidson_badge_sml_sml.jpgJaguar_sml_sml.jpgMortal_Kombat_badge_sml_sml.jpg

Sorry, can't help you with crystals and diamonds but old school chrome is easy. Here's a few I did back in the mid 90's. It's not right, but that is how the how-to books showed it to be done. The bottom half reflects the horizon and the ground and the top the sky. With bevels you reflect the sky on all the bevels point up and the ground on the ones pointing down.

View attachment 6420View attachment 6421View attachment 6422View attachment 6423

These are fantastic, but the bad news now is, you have to do a step by step of the panther head, it's your own fault, if you didn't want to do it you shouldn't have shown it, LOL

Stick aroudn then Maybach, Cordy is going to be heading a class on chrome lettering starting in the next few days:)

Can't wait.

AndreZa, that's some tight work. I know what you mean. I've done graphic design for years and that style was one of the starts to chrome.

Certainally no expert on Chrome, did a skull awhile back that was based on a chrome ideal, at the second stage it looked a lot like a crystal skull and with some reflections could have gone that way pretty easy, hard edges and contrast I think works well..Heres the first vid if interested, they are the time lapse version but it shows the basic idea and may help ya out and the others are easy enough to find on me channel....GL with it.

[video=youtube;QVI4z6-kqtI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVI4z6-kqtI[/video]

Use a reference photo and get good with frisket masking. Do a few and see what you come up with. I'd like to see as well, maybe give my input if I think it'll be helpful to you

Back