Cs10

F

Fish

can anyone point me in the right direction.. I used to use CS10 lineboard but now that is discontinued Im looking for the next best thing.. I see many illustration boards and bristol boards and 4G but I dont know whats the best alternative to CS10.

Thanx
Andy

can anyone point me in the right direction.. I used to use CS10 lineboard but now that is discontinued Im looking for the next best thing.. I see many illustration boards and bristol boards and 4G but I dont know whats the best alternative to CS10.

Thanx
Andy

Hi Andy, not quite sure what CS10 board is but a lot of people including myself use Bristol board, it is a pretty good surface to paint on and usually you get it in pads of 20 sheets, A2/A3 you may be lucky to find it in A1 but they are hard to come by, plus it not to expensive. In the UK an A3 is about £12 for a 20 sheet pad.

Frisk CS10 board was what most airbrush artist used.. it had a clay coating which made it very smooth and perfect for scraping away for bleeds or highlights.. it was expensive.. last time i bought some was over £10 per sheet.. (520mm x 750mm) I did an Annie Lenox pic with it ans ruined the eye.. i was able to scratch it all off then re do it... Thanks for the bristol board tho..

Attachments

• P1010080.jpg
    P1010080.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 64
Hey mate, i know alot of airbrush artists use the Schoellershammer 4g thick boards since they are also good for earsing and scratching. Its also pretty expensive per sheet.
For not so intense erasing and scratching work you can also use the 250g 4G, it can also handle some scratching and erasing but not as much as the thick one.

I go to the printers and I do give a roll of paper for plotters 175 grams, 110cm tall and as long as I also want to 10m, then I cut it for my pleasure.
To paint is excellent and cheap.
I bought a roll of 5metri top 110cm to 10 €

i just found the annie lenox pic i did.. with the cs10 you get a crispness to your work altho it is a bit battered now its was done in 1990 lol

Attachments

• P1010082.jpg
    P1010082.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 70
Hello,
as an ex illustrator I am also well aware of the excellent properties of Frisk CS10 paper, it certainly improved my work and allowed for a bit more freedom.

I have recently been having a clear out a found 14 x A2 sealed 20 sheet packs (thin shrink wrap, a few of which have splits in the wrap) and one that is already opened. I'm not quite sure why I bought so many packs, I think I had a commission with Virgin when I got them and the guy in the shop had mentioned Frisks possible demise, so I thought I would be prudent. That was ten years ago now and these have been sat on a shelf doing nothing since then. I guess I thought I would pick up the inks again sometime, but I am still more into my music endeavours and it has never happened. Anyway, they have all been kept in a dry, smoke free environment and have not been bashed about on the corners. By the looks of it I paid £29.44 for each pack and I am open to offers for what must be the last unused CS10 paper there is. I live in Bristol new home to graffiti thanks to Banksy, See No Evil etc.. and would be happy to sell in person. Open to offers, let me know..

Regards,
Julian

R0014036.jpg

Hi Julian

Do you still have any of your CS10 paper left....

I worked as an airbrush tech Illustrator exclusively on CS10 board, it was pretty much the standard thing used by everyone......it's not surprising that as everything went electronic Frisk eventually stopped making the stuff.

gun pic small.jpg

You could produce very fine acurate detail, back in the good old days when illustrators had ink on their fingers and paint up their noses!!! :tears_of_joy:

clodbuster small.jpg

One day I'll get to finish this one......

Still dabble occaisonally but tend mostly now to be motorbike helmets for friends.....anyway let me know if you still have any left, might be interested in a pack or two!!!!

Thanks

Doodle

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanx
Andy

Try Clayboard as a substitute for CS10. It has a very durable clay coating that you can scratch and erase on just like CS10.

I have a bunch of cs10 board

I have a pile of full cs10 boards still wrapped in brown paper from the store when I bought them, I used to airbrush till raging carpal tunnel ended that for me. Cs10 boards are as magical as they were reputed to be, I'll check the size when I get home but I believe they are 18"x24" and maybe 1/8"thick, pristine condition and id be happy to part with them to a good home for a fair price, I hope this post doesn't violate any terms of use, I apologize if it is a no no . I think I have 8 full sheets, drop me a line if interested

Hiya HippieChris. Very much interested in your cs10 boards. Would like to know where you are and what you want for them please. Dave

Hey mate, i know alot of airbrush artists use the Schoellershammer 4g thick boards since they are also good for earsing and scratching. Its also pretty expensive per sheet.
For not so intense erasing and scratching work you can also use the 250g 4G, it can also handle some scratching and erasing but not as much as the thick one.

I have a full case of frisk cs10 still in brown wrap in excellent condition, 5 whole boards. Looking for an interested party to perhaps make a deal with to rehome the boards

Hiya HippieChris. Very much interested in your cs10 boards. Would like to know where you are and what you want for them please. Dave
Oh hey, forgot I had a user name from years ago, I still have the frisk cs10. I don’t know if you can send messages on this thing but if you can, drop me a line

Oh hey, forgot I had a user name from years ago, I still have the frisk cs10. I don’t know if you can send messages on this thing but if you can, drop me a line
David hasn’t been seen since 2013 !

Well poopickle....anyway, yeah just realized I had the boards still and being a single dad with bills and no use for the cs10, I’d love to sell them off. I may just eBay them and see what happens unless someone wants to grab them first. I loved that board back when I used to be able to airbrush prior to my carpal tunnel, the stuff was magical. I can’t believe it’s not in production anymore

Oh and they are 30 1/2 by 20 1/2 boards, like 1/8” thick maybe? I think I said they were like 18x24 in the old post

Well poopickle....anyway, yeah just realized I had the boards still and being a single dad with bills and no use for the cs10, I’d love to sell them off. I may just eBay them and see what happens unless someone wants to grab them first. I loved that board back when I used to be able to airbrush prior to my carpal tunnel, the stuff was magical. I can’t believe it’s not in production anymore
Start a thread in the for sale section, you might be surprised :)

https://www.airbrushforum.org/equipment-for-sale/

But first pop over to the introduction section and make an introduction .

Back