Curious HP-TH?

crewchief227

Needle-chuck Ninja
So I have been wondering since getting it, what is the purpose of this top hole on my TH? I have disassembled it almost completely, I've never taken out the needle packing as it is waaayyyy more difficult than my Microns, and is functioning like new still. I was thinking maybe a lube hole? But for the trigger I'm not sure cause you can do that on the side cutouts. So my other reasonable deduction is that it's used to access the trigger air valve once the packing is removed. But like I said it's perfectly fine, not dragging, not leaking, and since this packing takes a big flathead to remove, I figure I'll just leave it alone till necessary to avoid unnecessary tool marks. Anybody else got one, and have stripped it down to the frame?

upload_2018-8-13_7-59-49.png

Ok so yes this is my first guess too, but doesn't also seem rather large to be just a lube hole? Let me see if I can dig up the box, and hopefully it has the manual, but probably not, cause when Coast Airbrush sent it to me, believe it or not, they sent me an empty box with just the accessories. They obviously treated me right and rectified that, as they're still my most trusted supplier, but wow what a heartbreak when you're waiting for that new airbrush you've been drooling over, just to get a box with some lube and a nozzle wrench. LOL

Honestly, if I had to make a guess, I would say that it is for accessing the top of the air valve, perhaps for through drilling during manufacturing... I will look mine over and see if anything jumps out...

Honestly, if I had to make a guess, I would say that it is for accessing the top of the air valve, perhaps for through drilling during manufacturing... I will look mine over and see if anything jumps out...
See that's what I was thinking, but I have never disassembled the trigger, and top of the air valve.

Back