Custom CM-B

I will have a look.
One question on the Custom CB-B it says you can put a 0.23 head on it.But your needle would still be 0.18

I will have a look.
One question on the Custom CB-B it says you can put a 0.23 head on it.But your needle would still be 0.18
Needle taper in the .18 and .23 are the same. Just swap out the head, and you are good to go. Unless you have an older V1.18:eek: - they were different.

No all mine are V2.So just a case of adding a 0.23 head in the CM-B.Didn’t you could do this as they don’t make a 0.23 needle to fit the B.Thanks for that

Well you’ll be pleased to know Dave ordering the Eclipse but which one
BS or SBS

Seeing that both are for small quantities of paint, I will go for the SBS. Easy colour changes when needed but cups are expensive but there are cheaper alternatives. And you can still get a bottle for it if you want to go really big.

I was lucky enough to be able to buy a B it’s taken a lot of selling bits and bobs to buy these.
Toying with either and Eclipse or a HP-C 50th Anniversary.But nervous because it doesn’t have the Teflon needle seal.

It all depends on what you're doing with those brushes, Bryan. But, if you are doing illustrations, an HP-C combined with a CM-B would be all the airbrushes you would ever need.

I do have some of the Dura-glide seals left. In the Micron, the V1 had a rubber o-ring with a flat faced retaining screw. They replaced that with a teflon seal, and a retaining screw that is pocketed. If you have a V1 the dura-glide is a drop in replacement. If you have the teflon, jut shave the teflon flat wit the face of the screw, and ream it a little with a toothpick to keep it binding the needle more than it needs to, and install the dura-glide in front of it...

In case you don't know, the dura-glide is just as solvent proof as teflon, but allows the feel of the rubber o-ring, which is superior to teflon.

I do have some of the Dura-glide seals left. In the Micron, the V1 had a rubber o-ring with a flat faced retaining screw. They replaced that with a teflon seal, and a retaining screw that is pocketed. If you have a V1 the dura-glide is a drop in replacement. If you have the teflon, jut shave the teflon flat wit the face of the screw, and ream it a little with a toothpick to keep it binding the needle more than it needs to, and install the dura-glide in front of it...

In case you don't know, the dura-glide is just as solvent proof as teflon, but allows the feel of the rubber o-ring, which is superior to teflon.
Thanks Dave - PM on the way!

Back