Custom paint

P

Pat

Hi there. It is asked a lot but i would like your opinion. I use comart for my illustration ( yes I have seen using it on hard surfaces but its not light fast etc).but I want to get more into custom painting again. Hok etc is not an option in my house, so i am looking for acrylic, water based paint. Now i simply cannot get used to wicked or illustration paint( lots of tipdry , dont get why poepe love this paint)..I hear a lot of the Trident paint and have used Etac but dont know how it handles on hard surfaces..give me your thoughts / experience :)

thanks in advance.

Hi Pat, tip dry with any water based paints is the norm I'm afraid, some more so than others, Etac in my opinion from what I have tried gives the least, not had a go with trident so cannot comment. The Createx illustration paints are good for any surface as far as I can tell, as I believe, any water based will give you the dreaded tip dry you just have to get in the habit of giving the tip a quick clean as you go, it sucks but no one has made a water based paint that won't tip dry....yet!

Magic colour and FW do an acrylic paint, bottles come with handy droppers and spray without the need for any thinning, (except for maybe white) if you got a very fine nozzle.

Use the 4012 auto air reducer with wicked/ createx illustration. It will solve a lot of tip dry.
Vallejo has tip dry as much as wicked.
Createx illustration can indeed be used on automotive surfaces but it'll need a couple days to cure and a good clear coat (its fragile)

Hi, I haven't had much experience with a lot of paint other than auto air, but I find golden airbrush Colors good paint. Using the transparent extender you can protect each layer of paint as an intercoat clear, minimum tip dry, sprays nice straight out the bottle and works great with fine detail airbrushes aswell.
I have used it on a variety of surfaces including metal, wood, canvas, illustration etc and never had a problem.

Mmm its always a personal preference, even if I know that I still asking :) . Anyway I decided to look for a better way to vantalate the room ( dont know the english word sorry) and use my Inspire paint..thanks for your input all!

Pat

Back