customizing an iwata eclipse hp-cs......

• Thread starter TacticalBacon02
  • Start date
T

TacticalBacon02

hey guys.... i have an iwata eclipse hp-CS and being the tinkerer i am, i was wondering ways to make it better(most likely make it worse, usually happens when i fix something that isnt broke lol)... longer trigger maybe, smaller nozzle needle? im just curious as to what i can really do with it

The CS is as small as that brush goes, you can lighten the trigger and air valve springs. Some add a triple action handle for easier clean out . There's probably a few things like polishing the needle and stuff like that you can do.

As Wayne said you can not go smaller on the nozzle , SeaMonkey (Josh) made a post and a video on how to add height to your trigger using hot glue. Triple action handle is alright but I no longer use mine.
But if you want an airbrush that you can tweak to the max that would be the HP-C+ which you can change out to a .2 nozzle/Needle set up, Add a taller trigger and most call it a poor man's micron..

Mine has a Zsolt air spring and shortened trigger spring in and it feels like my Micron which also has a Zsolt airspring in but a stock spring but spring stop that has been turned out just so that it has enough power to shut the nozzle. I use to build up my triggers but 6 months ago I changed my grip so now I prefer shorter triggers. The only other mod I want to do to my Eclipse is a Revolution handle. It won't change performance but I just don't like the cut-away handle.

GREAT BRUSH just the way they are. soft springs are nice but you have to have the guts working perfectly or they do not return properly The CS and BCS are workhorses and the best for ease of cleaning and maintanace IMO You can adjust the needle return by tighening or loosining the spring guide that way if the needle gets a little stiff while in the middle of something you can just crank it up a bit without dumping your paint and pulling everything apart You can Make a firehose out of it using the .5 setup

Mine has a Zsolt air spring and shortened trigger spring in and it feels like my Micron which also has a Zsolt airspring in but a stock spring but spring stop that has been turned out just so that it has enough power to shut the nozzle. I use to build up my triggers but 6 months ago I changed my grip so now I prefer shorter triggers. The only other mod I want to do to my Eclipse is a Revolution handle. It won't change performance but I just don't like the cut-away handle.

I don't like the cut outs either. I just turn mine to where the holes are on the top and bottom instead of hitting the inside of my hand.

Back