damn paint:(

D

DituMirceaClaudiu

Today i was working on a black and white portrait,i'm using com-art water based colors, very very reduced,(the color i mean now is the black) and i keep encountering a very annoying problem,when i get very close, to airbrush details or very fine lines , the air jet/paint/spray :| from the brush pushes/disolves the layer painted previously.HOW CAN I GET RID OF THIS PROBLEM :((

A

ad fez

Try reducing your pressure alot, com art is very thin anyhow, so to reduce it even farther would mean I would have my air pressure between 7 - 12 psi.....if that didn't work then try reducing a little less....hope that helps.....also make sure you are allowing areas to dry before layering on more paint

M

Madbrush

You'll always get this problem if you go too soon over previous layers, as mentioned reduce your pressure, but also keep a hair dryer on hand to dry each layer before you do the next one.

D

DituMirceaClaudiu

i do reduce it,alot
presure: under 20 psi(1.9/1.8 bar)
:((((((

D

DituMirceaClaudiu

realy :D!,so low pressure it's the ticket.THANK YOooU
(hope it works)

D

DituMirceaClaudiu

that ferrari,on your blog ^_^ is just amazing:adoration:

C

catalin

I use comart too. Unreduced: spraying at 15-20psi. Reduced: 5-15psi, depending on how much I reduce it (I use comart medium and/or distilled water to reduce it.

justme

Gravity Guru
That's because you killed the paint with to much reducer/water, and therefore the paint lost it's body.

I don't know if com-art has a base ( paint without pigment in it ) if so use that instead of so much reducer/water.

And of course use all the previous tips aswell!!!!!

D

DituMirceaClaudiu

lower pressure did the trick :) , now i can tackle details, at the moment i'm working on a portrait ,hope this discovery will show when i finish it.