Damn truefire grrrrr

D

Danny B

When I'm airbrushing truefire onto a black base with auto air transparent paints by the time I've got to the final layer all of the previous ones have faded and lost any definition they had and it just looks a mess basically the yellow highlights are very bright but the first red layer and second orange have faded into the background... does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

It may be too much reducer or not enough color in each layer. Are you using a tinted base before your red layer? Have you tried clearing it to see
if the colors come back with clear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

You can not use AutoAir Candy as you would urethane based ,
AutoAir Candy is a pigment based candy. So unless you are clear coating between candy coats they will muddy up .

You also can not use Mike Lavallee's true fire method for AutoAir for that reason.

You can not use AutoAir Candy as you would urethane based ,
AutoAir Candy is a pigment based candy. So unless you are clear coating between candy coats they will muddy up .

You also can not use Mike Lavallee's true fire method for AutoAir for that reason.

After I posted i was going to ask if he followed Mitch's vids. I did and other than execution on my part it worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the replies I haven't tried clear coating it but I will now, also you might be right about me not putting enough colour in each layer ill try again and put step by step pics in here so you can hopefully spot where I'm going wrong. I don't use candies just as grandparents with 4011 reducer

Back