Daniel powers review anyone please!

J

jared pittman

I want to get daniel powers series- only dvd's I have not seen- are the good Thanks guys and gals!!! Good morning!

Daniel's dvd series are good , He actually show more then most of the dvd on the market right now. Both are great for the beginner and the second series shows color theory and hair . I do own both series

Does it just show theory and hair or full portrait - wanna sell um?

I haven't seen the the first two DVDs in the power series, but if they are like the one he did on How to work with candies... It would be well worth the price. And I believe there is portrait work as well as painting techniques for hair in the first two( a quick overview was shown in the candy DVD).

I like both levels and could say those DVDs are definitely worth to have. As Mr. Micron already mentioned he shows and explains a lot of info, I mean real useful info! His DVDs are the most valuable among all the video I've seen.

To Ricky Spanish.
Could you describe in brief what's in there on the video bout candies? I do not have that video and interested in good info about the candy paint. I know, they're a bit tricky. I've used candies as a paint, but have not painted any picture with them. Maybe I should try...
No, I've once tried to paint, but had colour bleed through the layers. I did not know then it requires sealer (intercoat clear).

I like both levels and could say those DVDs are definitely worth to have. As Mr. Micron already mentioned he shows and explains a lot of info, I mean real useful info! His DVDs are the most valuable among all the video I've seen.

To Ricky Spanish.
Could you describe in brief what's in there on the video bout candies? I do not have that video and interested in good info about the candy paint. I know, they're a bit tricky. I've used candies as a paint, but have not painted any picture with them. Maybe I should try...
No, I've once tried to paint, but had colour bleed through the layers. I did not know then it requires sealer (intercoat clear).
Daniel Powers DVD on candies is great. It's over 6-8 hours long ( it's been awhile since I watched it). In a brief description he explains how to use candies over a pearl base along with not using white highlights on a pearl base( because it creates a dead spot ,so the light cant reflect off the pearl base) just to name one. The video is very informative and well worth it.
If you're are having problems with bleed through... Then yes use an inter coat clear... But if you're using Createx Candy2o you should use the Wicked trans.base as the inter coat until the 4040 Non Reative Barrier will be released in 2017. Seeing as the black labelled "inter coat" reactivates when applied over the candy.

Thank you!:)
I use urethanes only. I think, I need to buy PPG's sealer. But when I'll do paid work. The sealer is a bit pricey and not sold in small volumes.
Somehow, I'll get those DVDs for candies.

Thank you!:)
I use urethanes only. I think, I need to buy PPG's sealer. But when I'll do paid work. The sealer is a bit pricey and not sold in small volumes.
Somehow, I'll get those DVDs for candies.
Honestly ... I don't much about urethanes...
But the video is sold at MapleAirbrush in Alberta and I wouldn't be painting candies now without it.

Does it just show theory and hair or full portrait - wanna sell um?
It show color theory and how to put it in use , Color matching, Hair and how to use it , and yes you do a portrait toward the end.
on the second series , No I am not planing on selling mine due to they are great refresher on things when my old mind forgets ...LOL
But as for dvd's that offer instructions for beginners I rate it as number one.

Honestly ... I don't much about urethanes...
But the video is sold at MapleAirbrush in Alberta and I wouldn't be painting candies now without it.
yup, i bought all 3 vids from Donna at Maple Airbrush, and if you have any questions, Donna will answer them and if she can't see will point you towards someone that can.

Donna sound like the Coast Airbrush version of David Monnig if he does not know he has someone who does but trust me David knows a lot.
Everyone in Canada knows Donna from Maple Airbrush I think. She's my go to person for water based and all my air brushes. She's also one of the nicest people I've ever met. If you're not familiar with her now, i suspect that you will be hearing more of her in the near future. She built a pretty awesome business up here on the North side of the boarder. Yup, i suppose she's our David Monnig. I was just watching him actually, unbelievable amount of knowledge! I'm a total friggin newb, so i watch all of you guys on youtube more than i watch tv i think:D

Everyone in Canada knows Donna from Maple Airbrush I think. She's my go to person for water based and all my air brushes. She's also one of the nicest people I've ever met. If you're not familiar with her now, i suspect that you will be hearing more of her in the near future. She built a pretty awesome business up here on the North side of the boarder. Yup, i suppose she's our David Monnig. I was just watching him actually, unbelievable amount of knowledge! I'm a total friggin newb, so i watch all of you guys on youtube more than i watch tv i think:D
I was the same way when I started airbrushing watched everything I could get my hands on .

I found Daniel powers DVDs to be at the top of the list , very easy to learn from ,just like our own ABT with his you tube vids etc .

It show color theory and how to put it in use , Color matching, Hair and how to use it , and yes you do a portrait toward the end.
on the second series , No I am not planing on selling mine due to they are great refresher on things when my old mind forgets ...LOL
But as for dvd's that offer instructions for beginners I rate it as number one.
I ordered the DVD just now
And wait impatiently until they arrive
Thanks for this advice ;-)

Some of the best money I have ever spent.
Do not hesitate. It's an awesome value

Back