Day one in the airbrush house

Thanks I'm using a. 5 needle with a 60/40 paint /thinner mix

With wicked detail yes ?
Which colour ? Let’s make this as close to what you are using as possible.

That video is priceless - if you can paint on glass with no splatters or runs then your off to the best start you can have- everything else is easy compared to glass :)

Everything sounds ok without the specific details. It’s just a control / layering issue. Maybe try aiming to cover fully in 4 or 5 passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the changes I've made

I've added a coil hose as opposed to a direct fit with the regulator, makes it easier to adjust.

Added more thinner to the paints so that it looks like how milk behaves (probably teide as much as yesterday)

Dropped pressure to just 20 psi

And didn't try to finish the job in one or 2 layers

Yesterday is on the left today right, yesterdays was genuinely piss poor but I actually started off better somehow lol

Again I'm eternally grateful for all the help

Next question, is it safe to use a heat gun to dry or will that just splatter it?
PhotoGrid_1563628749448.jpg

Also, I assume this body shell I'm using as practise is just junk as there's no way to clear the paint off and start a fresh?

After you do a pass just press the trigger on your airbrush - don’t pull back for paint and from a distance just spray air at your paint. If you angle the surface right you will see where it’s still wet, although if you have wet paint then I’d suggest your passes aren’t thin enough. Depending on the colour you could be using up to 8+ passes to slowly build the depth of colour.

That was incredible

So the body was already painted /knackered up from yesterday, so I was never going to acheieve anything other than practise, some areas have been salvaged but I think the telling part is the black and how evenly ive applied it etc

PhotoGrid_1563636798156.jpg

Back