Day one in the airbrush house

Evening Gentlemen , IVe done a pair of Sunglasses today , I'll post some images later, im happy though.

But I do have a question - Im using mainly solvent paints , are there any large bottles of thinners that people tend to go for on the cheap to help with cleaning?

I had a huge issue with a build up of paint today and learnt lots about where blockages happen etc but it took a while, currently paying about £12 for 500ml of thinners, is this a reasonable price? can i get 1l? 5l? at a more reasonable cost for clean ups etc?

Cheers :)

Evening Gentlemen , IVe done a pair of Sunglasses today , I'll post some images later, im happy though.

But I do have a question - Im using mainly solvent paints , are there any large bottles of thinners that people tend to go for on the cheap to help with cleaning?

I had a huge issue with a build up of paint today and learnt lots about where blockages happen etc but it took a while, currently paying about £12 for 500ml of thinners, is this a reasonable price? can i get 1l? 5l? at a more reasonable cost for clean ups etc?

Cheers :)

Here's the images, not bril2as it's been an hectic day but I'm loving the glasses.

Sorry for so many unanswered posts, im just confused.i read before proper airbrush cleaning fluid is far stronger than thinners, but the stuff ive got Vallejho does nothing but clog up solvent paints , hence me asking about thinners to clean with

You are certainly getting better at this spraying lark. As for thinners it depends what solvents your using. I would get some standard thinner, probably cellulose and some lovely 2k thinners which is what is used with inspire solvents and hok etc, Great for cleaning the guns out as it melts everything lol.. Depends where you are in the UK, Jawel paints is my local paint place. https://www.jawel.co.uk/ Gun wash is ok to clean stuff out. which I think you already have. Remember though, proper respirator and ventilation or extraction unit with filter,, its nasty stuff.

Lee

Back