Day one in the airbrush house

My next question, is it possible I can strip everything off the body to go again?

Appreciate I might not get 100% off but it'd be good to get the majority off to to get more practise in now, thanks

Here is something to motivate you Mike

giphy.gif

:cool:

as soon you will thin paint more and you will come closer to get details you can get more splattering. You need to find perfect balance which suit you for doing detail. So you can try on glass like people already told you, or something similar until you don't find how much thinner, psi distance you need for your detail work.

as soon you will thin paint more and you will come closer to get details you can get more splattering. You need to find perfect balance which suit you for doing detail. So you can try on glass like people already told you, or something similar until you don't find how much thinner, psi distance you need for your detail work.
Got it, thanks

for example: I have eclipse sbs 0.3 needle nozzle. If I wanna come close on a glass I need: 20(I think its 20 , I have 2 regulators and this one doesn't get changed like never...) psi/2 drops of reducer 1 Drop of black paint. If I use more reducer I get splatter, cause let's be real I am not good. Soooooo, you need to experiment a little what you like or not like. At my combo I get bunch of tip dry, buuuuuuut I can handle tip dry, I can't handle splattering. :D

What husky said... usually thinner paint means lower psi. Not sure how your going to get the paint off the lexan body though, try the wicked reducer maybe? Not sure.. on glass you can scrape it off with a razor blade I did it with my one shot pinstriping paints, do your pinstriping and lettering then scrape it off and start again.. works the same for airbrushing.. acts like lexan if you look on the other side of the glass. That way you don't have to sacrifice bodies all the time. This reminds me I have some classic Tamiya rc's in my dads garage. Must make space in my garage ang get them on shelves.

Lee

Glad I haven’t had my coffee yet, I’d be blowing it out of my nose - great start to my Sunday lol

Removing paint: if you’ve only used createx and if you want to remove ALL the paint then submerge the body in a bucket of warm soapy water.. let it soak for a few hours, use a soft cloth or house painters brush to agitate the paint from awkward crevices... ... this process will also work for the lexan RC body !

As Husky said:Windex with ammonia will also work. Spray, leave, rinse, repeat. Not great for human bodies though

For more detailed work, as Si has said.. low psi, reduce paint and yes practise on glass. Detailing isn’t as easy as base coats :)

Back