Day one in the airbrush house

I am absolutely the last person to ever consider bringing this topic back up BUT... Here I am.

I gave up again for a while, got a 3d printer and made some incredible prints but even with a multi material printer, they are missing something.

So around 4 weeks ago I started to hand paint busts (no, not that type, gutter mind)

It went OK and the prints looked decent but it wasn't enough.

So just today, I cracked open the airbrush and used some Vallejo stuff and started on my deadpool bust.

This is the first time I've used it since the last time I posted here, no practise, nothing, and weirdly, it all seems to have clicked, but admittedly it'll get much harder from here.

But I wanted to drop by, say hi and thanks for the help, and show you this is what ice done today and I consider myself as someone without a creative bone in my body, so I'm quite happy with this.

Thanks king got lots more to do on deadpool yet but I'll be sure to show it once it's done, it's weird, everything just clicked today, like I needed the break for the brain to catchup almost?

After that I've got Popeye chucky, batman and an ever growing list ha!

Great to be back thank you!

This is coming along nicely.:thumbsup: It seems like you haven't been on since November 2021 (I looked). Your time off may have helped as you sound like you have a great attitude starting this one. I'm looking forward to you finishing it and seeing the ones you have planned.

I'd really like to make a bust comment but I'll refrain.

Thanks mate.

I do feel that everyone here gave me all the knowledge I needed and the time away since 2021 seems to have just helped it settle, ironically only January I said to my good wife I'd be selling up as I couldn't see myself using the airbrush kit again, she's glad I didn't as she loves deadpool already.

I must admit it's already shocked me

Nice update, sometimes we just need to take a break and it looks like yours paid off :)
Thanks man I appreciate that.

So I managed an hour this morning and deadpool is looking almost done, just need to do the brush work now.

Quick question, what clear is best to use with this Vallejo stuff? I don't have any masking currently so I'm all freestyling it as I go but could do with some protection for areas I've finished.

Thank youIMG-20230323-WA0034.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
They look excellent, I dont have any experience with models, but I do know vallejo do a varnish so that could be an option:thumbsup:

Thanks king I'll check it out, just need to do a bit of fixing but I'm pretty shocked that such a creation came from me not gonna lie and all without masking (as I didn't have any bit becsuse I don't use it)20230323_170039.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks king I'll check it out, just need to do a bit of fixing but I'm pretty shocked that such a creation came from me not gonna lie and all without masking (as I didn't have any bit becsuse I don't use it)View attachment 82888
Looks great man! Glad to hear youā€™ve had a breakthrough with the airbrush. Createx to a line of waterbased clears that may be an option. Their codes are 4050 Gloss , 4051 Satin, 4052 Matte, 4053 High Gloss.

Thanks Sir, I genuinely didn't think I had it in menevrf mind doing it all without any form of masking, sure there's a few errors eure and thrte but most ass to the context imho

Still genuinely shocked lol

Thanks for that I think matte would be best for this

Quick question if I may gentleman?

I'm using making putty got the first time ever as the angles on this make it impossible not to over spray, is there anything I need to do to prevent the putty from lifting the paint under it or is it gentle stuff? And spraying onto the putty (as I have no choice here) is that going to affect those areas of the putty for use again?

Thanks guys

Attachments

• 20230325_171628.jpg
    20230325_171628.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 8
This was a practise print, I masked off the face (not done yet) and the hat, I order to layer the hair with lots of different colours, masking putty rocks, however I did over mask a little in areas meaning I'll need to go over a couple of areas of the hair again but overall, making putting is the masking tool I've always needed.

Onto Popeye and if I can just ask, Skin tones, man I can mix it just right at all, any tips?

Attachments

• IMG-20230326-WA0010.jpeg
    IMG-20230326-WA0010.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 5
Back