Day one in the airbrush house

Glad I haven’t had my coffee yet, I’d be blowing it out of my nose - great start to my Sunday lol

Removing paint: if you’ve only used createx and if you want to remove ALL the paint then submerge the body in a bucket of warm soapy water.. let it soak for a few hours, use a soft cloth house painters brush to agitate the paint from awkward crevices... ... this process will also work for the lexan RC body !

As Husky said:Windex with ammonia will also work. Spray, leave, rinse, repeat. Not great for human bodies though

For more detailed work, as Si has said.. low psi, reduce paint and yes practise on glass. Detail isn’t as easy as vase coats :)
I just read this after my own coffee incident! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everybody has you covered so far Mike. I’ll just say that the photos show a pretty dramatic improvement already Sir. Give yourself a well earned pat on the back. It shows you’re really taking in the advice given and full credit for the application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People forget that Createx is waterbourne, water will dissolve it if enough time is allowed. I would be concerned that windex could leave a film on the lexan and prevent the new paint sticking.

People forget that Createx is waterbourne, water will dissolve it if enough time is allowed. I would be concerned that windex could leave a film on the lexan and prevent the new paint sticking.
I was talking about the glass :p You all scratch glass, I use non ammonia windows cleaner and paper tissue and it goes nicely :) I mentioned that cause Jord was mentioning glass and razor.

Ok... another lesson for you :p

By razor blading you remove 99% of the dried paint, then it’s just a quick squirt of windex to polish the glass.

You’ll go through a lot more windex and paper towel by not blading first :)

Ok... another lesson for you :p

By razor blading you remove 99% of the dried paint, then it’s just a quick squirt of windex to polish the glass.

You’ll go through a lot more windex and paper towel by not blading first :)
I do go true a lot of paper towels lol

Before I start

I've just read though a fair few comments I didn't see before and wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone for all the incredible help you've given me so far.

I refuse to accept any credit for the progress I've made, it's all because of the help ife been given here.

So where are we, well, I'm going to leave a photo, the body I only managed to spend 15 mins on, I managed to layer the white and the red camo about 5 times though so hopefully tomorrow it'll be close to finished.

The others, I've used as a huge learning process, again my day stsrted on glass and dropping the pressure right down, the shirt worknwasndije on something fit for the bin but I'm learning the control aspect etc.

So anyway, here we go, from Fridays effort to this I'll admit I'm chuffed with, I've just watched a guy on YouTube do the most amazing 3d detailed skull and I csnt help but think I'm LIGHT YEARS off that though.

PhotoGrid_1563731651722.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I've followed the advice of water and used IPA also on the other body and bingo most had come off.... My question is how to STOP it coming off once I've finished it and I'm happy?

Well done on the stuff you have painted, we may have helped by explaining a few things but you still pulled the trigger. As for the paint protection when you have finished the body I'm not sure.I would like to say a coat of acrylic clear but I honestly am not sure.
I'm hoping someone who paints bodies will have the answer for you, you deserve it because you've done so well.

Lee

Thanks very much Lee, it's been so much fun I'm not gonna lie :) definitely helps Friday was somewhat stressful however but I'm so glad to be part of this community tbh

I've made the images larger so its easier for those of us with old eyes.

just a couple of FYI's for you
-be careful with the 100% IPA, it can affect some 'plastic' type material and its not a great thing to get onto your skin, it absorbs into your bloodstream and over time can cause issues. Don't ever be tempted to spray it through the airbrush without a respirator (not a dust mask)
- If you have prepped your RC body properly and heat set the paint then you shouldn't have any issues. if you get paint peeling off then you haven't prepped properly
- for t-shirts you should have the psi at around 50-60. the paint needs to be pushed into the fibres rather than just sit on top otherwise with the first wash it will come out looking faded. T-shirts also need to be heat set - with an iron will do. not sure if you do it from the back or use a protective layer of fabric or not @huskystafford will be able to answer that one.

LIke Jordo said, you are the one who has pulled the trigger so job well done to you :) :thumbsup:
As you may have noticed, we can all talk until the proverbial cows come home, but if you aren't listening and taking info onboard then the outcome wouldn't have been so good.
we try hard to explained ourselves well by using the 'proper' language and also explaining what we mean so you build up you airbrush language knowledge so other threads then start to make more sense and hope we haven't forgotten to point out something basic that we all take for granted but a newbie may not have been aware of.

Airbrush IS fun but it can also be one of the most frustrating things you've ever tried if the moon and stars don't line up. We all have those days so don't get disheartened when you have one

I look forward to seeing your progress young grasshopper, I feel that you are in this for the long haul whether you know it yet or not :D

- for t-shirts you should have the psi at around 50-60. the paint needs to be pushed into the fibres rather than just sit on top otherwise with the first wash it will come out looking faded. T-shirts also need to be heat set - with an iron will do. not sure if you do it from the back or use a protective layer of fabric or not @huskystafford will be able to answer that one.

You use that paper for baking, how is it called? hm... Parchment paper? The one which you use for making food in an oven... And put that over the design, on top of it, not from the back side and then Iron over that paper.

You use that paper for baking, how is it called? hm... Parchment paper? The one which you use for making food in an oven... And put that over the design, on top of it, not from the back side and then Iron over that paper.

aha !
Parchment, silicone paper or cheap and cheerful greaseproof paper - I'd guess not the waxed greaseproof paper they sometimes use for wrapping sandwiches lol

Back