Day one in the airbrush house

I've made the images larger so its easier for those of us with old eyes.

just a couple of FYI's for you
-be careful with the 100% IPA, it can affect some 'plastic' type material and its not a great thing to get onto your skin, it absorbs into your bloodstream and over time can cause issues. Don't ever be tempted to spray it through the airbrush without a respirator (not a dust mask)
- If you have prepped your RC body properly and heat set the paint then you shouldn't have any issues. if you get paint peeling off then you haven't prepped properly
- for t-shirts you should have the psi at around 50-60. the paint needs to be pushed into the fibres rather than just sit on top otherwise with the first wash it will come out looking faded. T-shirts also need to be heat set - with an iron will do. not sure if you do it from the back or use a protective layer of fabric or not @huskystafford will be able to answer that one.

LIke Jordo said, you are the one who has pulled the trigger so job well done to you :) :thumbsup:
As you may have noticed, we can all talk until the proverbial cows come home, but if you aren't listening and taking info onboard then the outcome wouldn't have been so good.
we try hard to explained ourselves well by using the 'proper' language and also explaining what we mean so you build up you airbrush language knowledge so other threads then start to make more sense and hope we haven't forgotten to point out something basic that we all take for granted but a newbie may not have been aware of.

Airbrush IS fun but it can also be one of the most frustrating things you've ever tried if the moon and stars don't line up. We all have those days so don't get disheartened when you have one

I look forward to seeing your progress young grasshopper, I feel that you are in this for the long haul whether you know it yet or not :D
Thank you for such kind at, at 40 years old I certainly ain't been called young for a very long time hahah.

And I agree, I've already got the bug, this along with my photography and splash art and I'm now officially an arty type with zero skill or creativity (at least, that's what if always assumed until 4 years ago, late bloomer you see)

Again, a million thanks

I disagree. you are creative, you've proved that with your current pursuits, artistic talent is a whole different ball game lol I know I started airbrushing with a creative mind but zero artistic talent, all I know I learned from here and you tube :D
and compared to some of us you are young ! I've got nearly 20 years on you lol
Many found airbrushing later in life, which isn't a bad thing. with a bit of 'life experience' under your belt you tend to listen a bit more to those who have travelled before you and are willing to accept that you don't know anything.
As an ex educator I can assure you that the older the student the more they listen and take on board what is being said :)

I disagree. you are creative, you've proved that with your current pursuits, artistic talent is a whole different ball game lol I know I started airbrushing with a creative mind but zero artistic talent, all I know I learned from here and you tube :D
and compared to some of us you are young ! I've got nearly 20 years on you lol
Many found airbrushing later in life, which isn't a bad thing. with a bit of 'life experience' under your belt you tend to listen a bit more to those who have travelled before you and are willing to accept that you don't know anything.
As an ex educator I can assure you that the older the student the more they listen and take on board what is being said :)
Very wise words as a former educator also myself, it does seem I've dropped into the right place :)

Ahhh yes, the American Academy of Dermatology, erm, of course
Close... .... Airbrush Aquisition Disorder. You will likely have a single brush for a few months, then decide a 2nd is needed to fill the gap your current one doesn’t excel at.. after that it’s a slippery slope to stop yourself turning into @DaveG lol

We have many proud (?!) AAD members here :)

I actually almost bought a second tonight

Well, I did, but it was included with loads of paint, only fir the seller to refund me as he now says he csnt ship it, doh

I actually almost bought a second tonight

Well, I did, but it was included with loads of paint, only fir the seller to refund me as he now says he csnt ship it, doh

I had that happen to me with a super rare airbrush - I had seen it on Ebay out of Spain. I sent the seller a message asking if they would ship the the USA, and she said "yes". So, I purchased it. Within an hour she messaged me back saying the brush was broken (she sent a picture) and that she was refunding my money because she didn't feel right selling it. I sent back a message almost instantly telling her that if that was the only damage I didn't care, and would take it anyway... only to never hear another word from her... I got the refund, but never saw the brush again... and have yet to see another even come up for sale.

Does anyone know what couriers will carry about 50 airbrush paints, with about 10% of them opened, the seller says they've not been able to find a courier willing?

Cheers guys

I've said that but he then says he wants friends and family payment and tbh the trust isn't there as he said he'd sorted it and asked me to pay and the refunded me, so I want to try again but I won't use friends and family

I've said that but he then says he wants friends and family payment and tbh the trust isn't there as he said he'd sorted it and asked me to pay and the refunded me, so I want to try again but I won't use friends and family
friends and family payment is a scam.

Send him this message:

Dear friend. I love you. Here is a nice gift for you: .i.

Back