Detail Black

otpowell

Double Actioner
I was looking at wicked detail black today. All I have is opaque black and Liquitex tube black. Is there a need for detail or transparent black or can I do the same thing with reducing some opaque black? Is transparent black the same thing as detail black? I bought some tint white. Proally should know this by now but I don't lol

The Detail are more like transparent, The reason you use this instead of straight black reduced is because you can build a softer looking black .
But no you should not know this by now due it paint is ever changing.

You can reduce opaque black but as you layer it it will reach it's opacity, and you may find you have gone darker than you wanted, and it will cover up any detail underneath, but you can do it. The transparent is meant to be applied in layers, it allows you to see detail through it, and you will be able to build up and get better blends and tones.

Wow thanks, ill get some transparent then. Thsnks for clarifying! I love this forum and the ppl in it!

Just spreading the love, you will do the same for future newbies I'm sure. (background music to this scene is "The circle of life" from the Lion King LOL)

One thing i have learned is that the more you learn the more you realize that you dont know a excrement.
does that make me a newbie forever?

(i realized that its hard to write that understandable in english )

I was looking at wicked detail black today. All I have is opaque black and Liquitex tube black. Is there a need for detail or transparent black or can I do the same thing with reducing some opaque black? Is transparent black the same thing as detail black? I bought some tint white. Proally should know this by now but I don't lol
ok to make you feel a bit more llike you are on a different forum........ "oh my god YOU SUCK..... how do you not know the difference.... you have been painting for longer than 3 hours you must know this.......... newb newb troll face newb why dont you just die!!!!!!!!"

there hows that hahahah
did you learn anything from that.... no
have i helped anyone.......no
have i contributed anything to the airbrush world.....still no
have i inflated my already at capacity ego further......definitely
in reality do i know anything about airbrushing......not so as you would tell

hahahaha..... spread that love folks

you newer guys are doing everything you can to better yourself..... practice and research....asking questions and listeningto answers.... you are doing great.... keep at it

So just for clarification as I think I must be dense.
Are Wicked detail paints their 'Transparent' Colour range or do they have a set of 'transparent' colours as well?

AND

What is transparent Base and what do we use it for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are Wicked detail paints their 'Transparent' Colour range or do they have a set of 'transparent' colours as well?

AND

Transparent base is paint without the color pigments and has numerous purposes. If you over reduce your paint add some trans base to bring back some thickness. You can also use it to make a transparent color by adding a color to tint it or use it to protect your painting or even use it before you paint on a shirt to lay down the fuzz for a cleaner painting surface

AND

I can answer your Transparent base question since I bought some yesterday, this a medium which you can use as either as a transparent base coat or sealer (not primer) or you can mix varying amounts of your opaque colours to make a transparent colour, this allows you to build up layers more slowly if you rubbish like me and famous for going to dark too quick, you can control the speed at which you build up by putting in more or less colour, I have used it today for the first time and it is excellent stuff.

I have the Golden brand and it has practically done away with tip dry, also it makes the paint flow very nicely through my Evolution, an airbrush which almost brought about my demise, but now I can't do without, lol

How does the infinity compare to the evolution? Pretty much the same thing but different nozzle size?

different kettle of fish I believe its like bacon and fakon

surely bacon can only be from pig, or am I just to damn traditional when it comes to meat

Back