Devilbiss SRI

There are probably 2 reasons why you couldn't use this compressor to run your stated HVLP spray gun.
My concern would be that it might get a bit hot quickly, and being a single piston job, this would occur quickly.
As stated on the ad, heat produces condensation - the natural enemy of the compressor.
The other being the stated max air output - .7 CFM @ 60 PSI.
According to the tech specs, this one reuires 1.95 CFM @ 1.5 Bar - roughly 24 psi, clearly not enough air for the job.
If you wish to paint indoors as well , noise is also a big concern, as "shop" type compresssors can make a real racket and strain relations with the neighbours.
Small is good, if you require transportability, but not if it makes painting a pain in the A.
I'd recommend something that has a storage tank as part of it's make-up, a way to fit a water-trap to it, and also one that has a low decibel rating.
As with all things, someone here will chime in with their own favourite set-up, to give you a comparrison.

Last edited:
There are probably 2 reasons why you couldn't use this compressor to run your stated HVLP spray gun.
My concern would be that it might get a bit hot quickly, and being a single piston job, this would occur quickly.
As stated on the ad, heat produces condensation - the natural enemy of the compressor.
The other being the stated max air output - .7 CFM @ 60 PSI.
According to the tech specs, this one reuires 1.95 CFM @ 1.5 Bar - roughly 24 psi, clearly not enough air for the job.
If you wish to paint indoors as well , noise is also a big concern, as "shop" type compresssors can make a real racket and strain relations with the neighbours.
Small is good, if you require transportability, but not if it makes painting a pain in the A.
I'd recommend something that has a storage tank as part of it's make-up, a way to fit a water-trap to it, and also one that has a low decibel rating.
As with all things, someone here will chime in with their own favourite set-up, to give you a comparrison.
Thanks, what Compressor do you recommend?

At home, I've made a compressor from an old refridgerator compressor and parts scavenged from a Stanley home-lite one.
In the garage, I use a GMC 240 ltr compressor that'd wake the dead on rock concert day.
I've had to shield it with all sorta sound proofing, so it's bearable for about 2 hrs at a stint now.
There are many "pancake" style one's that would suit, "oilless" being the quietest amongst them, and I'd look at this range for what you need.
Something that throws out at least 2CFM, but won't shake your teeth out doing it, would be a good starting point.
A visit to your local hardware store should give you a real good idea of what will and won't suit your needs.

At home, I've made a compressor from an old refridgerator compressor and parts scavenged from a Stanley home-lite one.
In the garage, I use a GMC 240 ltr compressor that'd wake the dead on rock concert day.
I've had to shield it with all sorta sound proofing, so it's bearable for about 2 hrs at a stint now.
There are many "pancake" style one's that would suit, "oilless" being the quietest amongst them, and I'd look at this range for what you need.
Something that throws out at least 2CFM, but won't shake your teeth out doing it, would be a good starting point.
A visit to your local hardware store should give you a real good idea of what will and won't suit your needs.
The devilbiss site says i need a 2-5 Cfm.

I have that compressor attached to a 0.3 air brush, white I assume will have difficulty with primers, paint and finish - for furniture. I originally bought it for small architecture models. If I thin them enough, I'll be there for hours painting stuff.

Should I post a compressor when I think I've found one?

What do you think of this?
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=131502735482

Would suit any air / spray gun application, and if it's quiet enough to use around the house, even better.
Looks like it has all the extras you need.

Back