diagram for a dual air regulater

H

harborbill

Here is another setup i use. Dual air regulator. I originaly had a single air regulator for my airbrushing. When I would clean the airbrush bowl between color changes, i would crank up the regulator to 60psi, clean the bowl then turn down the preassure to what I sprayed at. Pain in the butt. So I came up with a dual regulator setup. One regulator is set to 60psi and the other is set to what ever I'm spraying at, usually 15-20psi.
Now when I want to clean the bowl when changing colors, I just flip the ball valve open and have instant 60psi. Flip the valve off and I'm back to my spraying pressure.
I'm sure there are many different ways to do this but this setup works great for me.

Attachments

• duelregulater.jpg
    duelregulater.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 58
good work,, im still tryin to figure out how to hook a five gallon tank up to my my constantly running diaphragm compressors,,,,,,, if i could get it to work it would be sweet

good work,, im still tryin to figure out how to hook a five gallon tank up to my my constantly running diaphragm compressors,,,,,,, if i could get it to work it would be sweet

I had that same compressor you have and I hooked it up to a 2 gallon tank and it took and I took a while to fill it up and even then it only filled it up to what the shut off switch allowed it, I think it's like 35 to 40lbs. A tank helps it out a little bit but not sure I would really try to much more above the 2 gallon. The 5 gallon might be to much volume for it to try an fill up, which will actually make the little motor work even harder.

Josh

Josh, mine with the 3 gallon tank added to the original 3 gallon tank only takes 40 seconds to go from 80psi turn on to 120psi shut off.
That red tank you see in the pic is the tank that the compressor was originaly mounted on. That original comp./tank as I purchased it I think only took 20-30 seconds to go from 80-120psi. Maybe there was a problem with the compressor. Now that I think about it, the cut in and cut out pressure is adjustable. 40psi seems awfully low for a 1 hp compressor.

ranhalen, give me a day or 2, I will make a diagram on one way you can rig it to have a cut in and cut out pressure. But, I'm not 100 percent sure on this, I don't think a diaphram compressor was built to fill an airtank. You might be dissapointed on how little air you get in a tank. Maybe a 1 or 2 gallon tank at the most.
What is the maximum air pressure you get out of the diaphram compressor ? If the max pressure you get out of it is say 40psi, then don't expect more than that psi going into an added tank.

To think Bill you was afraid that you would not be alble to help anyone being you feel you are still to new ,,,Now look at you we are going to deem you the compressor guru .
Great diagram and great to see how well you fit in here. I am glad you join and finally started taking part.

Thanks Herb, I guess I have more to contribute than I thought. But I have more knoledge of mechanical things than I do painting type things.
I do have to say that I do feel welcomed here. Definately seems like a good bunch of people here. This will be my second home. Can't wait to get to know all of you.

Back