Difficult situation, need suggestions please!

T

Tyler Frost

Ok, first and foremost I am new to the airbrushing world. That being said, I need a paint that works well on wool and linen, so it needs to be flexible. It also must stand to a lot of punishment, not just from scratches or bumps, but from the elements like rain and cold, mud, snow and of course, the sun. Lastly, it really can't afford much of a shine, reflection or glow because it will be used as REAL camoflauge, really needs to be matte. If such a paint doesn't exist in the AB world then i will move on to other techniques. Your answers are greatly appreciated!

Such paints do exist in AB world!:)
One of them is Javana Textil, another is Nerchau Tetile Art. And that's only what I've tried;)
Both paints come in gel consistency, so when you dilute them for AB use, you'll have much more.
Both paints are made in Germany.
They're diluted with water. Javana goes wonderfully through an AB without any tip dry and other issues. Can't say about Nerchau as I only used it unreduced, but I beleive it also does well.
Nerchau sticks better to not natural materials better than Javana, but it doesn't mean that Javana is bad, it concerns only not natural materials. Both work great for cotton.
When dried, they're like rubber. These paints, it seems, are not acrylic resin based.

Hi Tyler, the original createx is good for fabric and won't shine. You need a 0.5mm nozzle.

Hey as a polite thing when you are new to a forum, can you go along to the intro section here and say Hi properly... where are you from, what brought you to airbrush, do you have any gear, that sort of thing. http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/

Cheers Mark

Back