Dilemma...

Dimitris

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Hey everyone! :)
I was looking-fooling around at e-Bay and saw these airbrushes at a shop named ''chico_hobby'', https://www.ebay.com/str/chicohobby , about -30% of the ordinary cost (ex. HP-CS 125 Euro, HP-CH 187 Euro) and so on...
It's based in China, Hong-Kong but the shop doesn't seem to sell crappy stuff. But that what I tell...
And since Greece has free shipping charges because of our main harbor it'd be a very good opportunity to finally get the CS! :D

Any opinions? Thanks!

I love your threads :D

From china? not for me, but that is just me. As soon it is shipped from china that is a fake to me. I do understand this sounds weird. I just can't help my self... :D

edit: I was browsing feedback for that seller though...

maybe somebody knows from this bar code from that seller.
s-l1600.jpg

sounds fake to me too, but the price is so delicious! :D
If I didn't look around what they got for sale, I wouldn't post it!
I try to use saying in my life : if it's to good to be true, then it isn't.

But on serious note, I rather pay 20 bucks more and I am sure it's legit. I am not expert, but forum members here are, so I am sure you will get help you needed.

I try to use saying in my life : if it's to good to be true, then it isn't.

But on serious note, I rather pay 20 bucks more and I am sure it's legit. I am not expert, but forum members here are, so I am sure you will get help you needed.

They might be able to fake the iwata brush but they can't fake the iwata hologram.

couple things - 1st is that cloning or knocking off packaging is a no-brainer, and is done so often that it can not be looked at as any kind of an indicator... With that being said, Hong Kong almost has to be looked at as a different entity than China as a whole... I have actually purchased from this vendor before (not for airbrush) with some other name brand, easy to knock off merchandise, and have complete confidence in what I received from them. Fast shipping and delivery, I have never had problem.

lol Dimitris

I bet this can be done and replicated :D If it can be made, then it can be replicated lol

They can't be replicated without special equipment, Iwata don't make the holographic labels, they are done by another company specializing in making them, to make them light patterns are photographed in layers which change colour as the object is moved around, only the company that made them csn relicate the layers in the correct order, Iwata put these on everything they produce to prove authenticity, even on all of their spare parts, Iwata has all rights to this hologram which means no fly by night Chinese company can order a load them and just plonk them on a box willy nilly, so if you order parts for an Iwata brush like a new nozzle or needle, if the packaging doesn't have this same hologram then it's fake.

For $700-2000 I can buy a machine from China that prints hologram labels.
For 1700-5k it will scan other holograms to replicate them.
Going ten years back that price was triple.
20 years back that price was ten times as high.
Holograms aren't as difficult to reproduce as they once we're.

Still, it is less likely that any outfit is that intent on copying airbrushes.
When I have seen them using such equipment to copy devillbiss guns, which will far far far and away outsell any airbrush.

Hong Kong / China yeah totally different really.

Anyway you have a good answer
Since dave here has bought from that vendor without issue.
I'd say you're good to go.

Last edited:
I though that there's must be a difference between ''China's'' products and Hong-Kong's. I mean, Hong-Kong is, kind of, the top of the pyramid. Surtainly there will be copied stuff but They'll want to keep some sort of reputation, right?
By selling crappy stuff, they won't do any good...

You mentioned bad-copied devilbiss, I've seen them in e-bay. Don't they have some kind of inspection to bust those copiers?

@DaveG @Robbyrockett2
Have either of you seen an actual Iwata engraved airbrush that came from China other than the NEO series? I'm talking about the traditional Iwata airbrush stuff. I seen some weird almost Badger rip off on ebay that was labeled as Iwata (MX2900).
Dave @ coast airbrush now and then mentions this kind of stuff on the live at five, but he has never had one in his hand to show us. It's like people sending in a Master airbrush for them to fix claiming it's Iwata.

Well I just had a look and the cost works out to about 125 euro which is ok but isn't much of a saving. Amazon has them for £141 with free shipping if you have prime. Not much more money and very good returns if you have trouble. I emailed air-craft.net £144 there, and asked them what their shipping would be to Greece, waiting for a reply.

Lee

@DaveG @Robbyrockett2
Have either of you seen an actual Iwata engraved airbrush that came from China other than the NEO series? I'm talking about the traditional Iwata airbrush stuff. I seen some weird almost Badger rip off on ebay that was labeled as Iwata (MX2900).
Dave @ coast airbrush now and then mentions this kind of stuff on the live at five, but he has never had one in his hand to show us. It's like people sending in a Master airbrush for them to fix claiming it's Iwata.
I have yet to run across one.

@DaveG @Robbyrockett2
something like one of those:
https://www.alibaba.com/countrysear...ct_en&CatId=&SearchText=iwata&isGalleryList=G

:D

I though that there's must be a difference between ''China's'' products and Hong-Kong's. I mean, Hong-Kong is, kind of, the top of the pyramid. Surtainly there will be copied stuff but They'll want to keep some sort of reputation, right?
By selling crappy stuff, they won't do any good...

You mentioned bad-copied devilbiss, I've seen them in e-bay. Don't they have some kind of inspection to bust those copiers?
I've seen devillbiss copied so closely including package that it takes a taer down and close inspection to tell them apart.
I've seen older iwata guns copied so closely that it's the same. Down to older version of the inspection tag than a real new one would have. And of course build quality.

Again, why copy airbrushes when spray guns are 100 times larger market and in fact easier to make.
And have an average higher sale price.

Well I just had a look and the cost works out to about 125 euro which is ok but isn't much of a saving. Amazon has them for £141 with free shipping if you have prime. Not much more money and very good returns if you have trouble. I emailed air-craft.net £144 there, and asked them what their shipping would be to Greece, waiting for a reply.

Lee
air-craft.net rocks. And he would get 10 year warranty.

Back