DIY airbrush stand

Kamil

Gravity Guru
Once upon a time ... I needed some portable stand for two guns, which I could put in small case for travelling, so I collected suitable parts/garbage from my garage and built simple stand. Fortunately I already had the necessary plastic holders.
disassembled.jpg
I used old camshaft wheel from my old Ford, where I welded a nut in centre. It is a perfect base because of the weight. I found suitable screw, welded small plate with hole and thread for another screw. This small short screw I used for fixing another well shaped thin plate. Then I fixed the plastic holders on both ends with another smaller screws.
screw.jpg detail.jpg
And I made small welding spot on the screw thread to avoid screwing in completely down. assembled.jpg
Later I built another stand (there isn't enough guns...), but from different parts/garbage. You can use what you want, just remember the more heavy base, the more stable your stand will be (and no risk to fall) :)
stand2.jpg

The first loft stile AB stand I have ever seen:)

Here what I think. Your concept was:
Once upon a time ... I needed some portable stand for two guns, which I could put in small case for travelling
And you did this:
just remember the more heavy base, the more stable your stand will be
Is it because you like heavy travelling?:D Just a joke;)
What you've done is working idea, that can be taken by many people for making their own stands:thumbsup:

The first loft stile AB stand I have ever seen:)

Here what I think. Your concept was:

And you did this:

Is it because you like heavy travelling?:D Just a joke;)
What you've done is working idea, that can be taken by many people for making their own stands:thumbsup:
Hi @Vladimir , you are right, I didn't mention how I travel - if by bicycle or by truck :thumbsup:
So let's say there is some weight limit for the base... however it also depends from size of the gun! :thumbsup:lol

I love the idea of the cam wheel as a base. It gives the holder kind of a steam punk effect as well as being functional. Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back