DIY hobby spray booth

Kamil

Gravity Guru
There is a lot of constructions on internet, but I was inspired to make my own from this tutorial https://vent-works.com/blogs/the-ventilation-blog/15945741-diy-hobby-spray-booth , which is working quite well.
diy_hobby_spray_booth_medium.jpg

I used thinner plywood 8mm instead of 12mm, so I strenghtened the construction by gluing the "waste" along the sides. It is solid enough.
novy box.jpg
I bought a fan for bathroom with diameter 120mm (flow 150 m³/h) and probably I should add the second one, because of some pressure lost when using a long output pipe (2 m flexible hose). I mounted the fan on stronger board 18 mm, and fixed it on hinges, so I can open it and take out the filter.
DV_120x116_6093444_01_4c_CZ_20160806002903.jpg
novy box ventilator.jpg back side.jpg

I couldn't find the filter unit with my dimensions, so I made my own frame. I installed switches and LED light (12W) for kitchen.
DV_120x116_6338614_01_4c_CZ_20180828134759.jpg
front side.jpg
I hope that somebody becomes inspired too :)

Very clean and professional work!:thumbsup:
Creative idea was to install "Airbrush" kinda grid to the back:) How is it done, laser or jig saw?
Do you any thoughts on adding white paint to your booth's walls?

Very clean and professional work!:thumbsup:
Creative idea was to install "Airbrush" kinda grid to the back:) How is it done, laser or jig saw?
Do you any thoughts on adding white paint to your booth's walls?
Thanks @Vladimir , that grid was made on CNC routing machine.
I think there isn't need to paint it, I like the wood structure. Maybe I could add the transparent varnish...

Thanks @Vladimir , that grid was made on CNC routing machine.
I think there isn't need to paint it, I like the wood structure. Maybe I could add the transparent varnish...

White paint adds more reflected light to the parts you're going to paint, but if you have enough light and satisfied, definitely there's no need for paint if you like the appearance you have now.

White paint adds more reflected light to the parts you're going to paint, but if you have enough light and satisfied, definitely there's no need for paint if you like the appearance you have now.
Yes, there is definitely enough light!

Back