Double lines on the butt of needle?

A

Apollyon Cross

I jst bought a new Renegade and there are no instructions beyond the schematic drawing. I purchased the 2-in-1 so I got a .21mm needle and a .3mm needle. The big one has 2 lines or grooves around the butt end of the needle. Is there a code to know what size needle you are looking at? Common sense and visual evidence lets you know its bigger, but is there a code to know exactly what size it is? What if there were 3 lines?

Also, I can't figure out how to set the "Stopset" accu-precision trigger setting mode, so if any one knows that would be helpful too.

Thanks.

I think the 2 lines is the large needle and 1 or no lines is the small one.

I love questions with out people making a proper introduction before doing so.
Introductions lets us know things like how long you have been airbrushing, what paints you are using. where on this planet you live (aids when need to find places to buy parts )
While which model of Renegade you have really does not matter for this question it may help on others.
The needle set is just screw it in until you only get the maximum spray pattern you want at he distance you want to spray it at.
I think wmlepage is correct on the lines.

I am assuming you have a Krome?? anyway the badger renegade line has a grove system on the needles..... 1 groove = .21mm 2 groves = .3mm.
As for the trigger pre-set, it amounts to turning thumb screw at the back all the way in( shouls stop trigger movement"almost") then it is a matter of backing it out until you get the amount of trigger control you want.

I love questions with out people making a proper introduction before doing so.
Introductions lets us know things like how long you have been airbrushing, what paints you are using. where on this planet you live (aids when need to find places to buy parts )
While which model of Renegade you have really does not matter for this question it may help on others.
The needle set is just screw it in until you only get the maximum spray pattern you want at he distance you want to spray it at.
I think wmlepage is correct on the lines.

Please allow me to apologize for the breach of protocol.
My name is Victor. I have been airbrushing for about ten years but only sporadically- one could say I am a low intermediate level user. I live in Virginia. I use Createx Wicked Colors and House of Kolor Shimrin and Kandies. I am a libertarian and hope Rand Paul becomes President. I am prone to believe in aliens and can't wait for the new X-Files mini-series.
I purchased the Renegade Krome 2-in 1, and it is a lot different than the other two cheapo brushes I have. This is the nicest airbrush I've ever owned.
I appreciate your response and I hope you have great evening.
Sincerely,
Apollyon Cross

I am assuming you have a Krome?? anyway the badger renegade line has a grove system on the needles..... 1 groove = .21mm 2 groves = .3mm.
As for the trigger pre-set, it amounts to turning thumb screw at the back all the way in( shouls stop trigger movement"almost") then it is a matter of backing it out until you get the amount of trigger control you want.

I do have a Krome RK-1 "2-in-1." My eyes are tired, but I can't see a groove on the smaller needle. Which probably explains why I didn't see the dial setting on the thumbscrew. I read the only documentation twice, but you have filled in the information that wasn't included.

Thank you Shadow.

Please allow me to apologize for the breach of protocol.
My name is Victor. I have been airbrushing for about ten years but only sporadically- one could say I am a low intermediate level user. I live in Virginia. I use Createx Wicked Colors and House of Kolor Shimrin and Kandies. I am a libertarian and hope Rand Paul becomes President. I am prone to believe in aliens and can't wait for the new X-Files mini-series.
I purchased the Renegade Krome 2-in 1, and it is a lot different than the other two cheapo brushes I have. This is the nicest airbrush I've ever owned.
I appreciate your response and I hope you have great evening.
Sincerely,
Apollyon Cross
LMAO
Victor Welcome home :D
See that was not so hard , Now I hate to break this too you but we are all Aliens here , Airbrush artist are a special breed of alien who's only goal is to conquer earth one painting at a time. Granted it is not as cool as shooting laser beams and blowing stuff up but just as effective:D
Being I do not talk politics just because I just don't I will just let that as that.
The Krome is a good airbrush , My .2 needle does not have any markings on it either. But I just leave it set up as the .2 .
I just got some of the new shimrin II in to give a go. But have used HOK Kandies for a long time. I have tried PPG , Sem and other brands of Kandies but they just do not seem to pop as much as HOK.
Wicked you will find a lot of us use. Some use that E'tac stuff so there again I do not talk about politics :D
Now post up some of your work.

I guess you could dig that far back....lmmfao
To tired to mess with it today :D Beside I am pretty sure you did. being I know you live north of St.Louis on the 3 bend past the fourth oak tree next to the pond with the 1 eyed frog.

To tired to mess with it today :D Beside I am pretty sure you did. being I know you live north of St.Louis on the 3 bend past the fourth oak tree next to the pond with the 1 eyed frog.

dont forget about the monkey catchin hole in that tree.....lol

@Apollyon Cross welcome! Im the resident hairy brush painter but they like my husband @Nada so they let me hang around. If you don't have the answer you are looking for, he said he can pull out his Krome and check for you.

And welcome. I see you met Herb, aka Mr.micron. hes grumpy but means no harm. I am sure he is lacking his daily dose of moonshine. Aside from that nice intro.

Welcome aboard!! As stated, no line, 2 lines, etc etc. My Paasche Vision (changable tips), even have the lines as well, good thing....BUT, some how, this Dork here, manages to mix them up,.....swear alot, discard the AB, grab another, go back later, only to discover, that the #2 needle, doesnt work so well with the #3 tip lolol!! And yep,..,, I do this often ;) :whistling:

Back