Dumb question about my new Badger Patriot 105

shipclambake

Double Actioner
I took delivery of a brand new Badger Patriot 105 today. It wasn't my first choice for a airbrush the Badger Renegade Krome was but of for my needs of 1/700 scale ship painting the Badger Patriot seems to do what I want. I was a video of a Badger 105 with Badger Sotar 20-120 Airbrush handle and BADGER SOTAR 20-123 Adjusting screw are they compatible or were my eyes playing tricks on me. I would like to do the same with my Badger Patriot 105.

The Sotar handle will for sure screw onto the 105 body. The 105 Body/head are a bit longer than the Sotar, so you must clip the ball, or bead off the back of the needle in order to get it to seat in the nozzle.

The Sotar handle will for sure screw onto the 105 body. The 105 Body/head are a bit longer than the Sotar, so you must clip the ball, or bead off the back of the needle in order to get it to seat in the nozzle.
Cool thanks, I think Im going to order the parts to do that mod. Have you done that mod?

I have not done that particular Mod - when I saw Jacki tagged me, I ran into the studio and tried it. I have a few Badgers ;).

I am guessing you are wanting to take advantage of the needle stop in the Sotar handle. Should work out A-OK. The needle stop is not a feature that I personally use very often, (if at all,) so I have not found it necessary to add one to the 105. I did use a Sotar handle on my Renegade Spirit, as it is much lighter than the handle that comes on the Spirit, and it allowed the balance to fall more in line with my preferences, though.

I have not done that particular Mod - when I saw Jacki tagged me, I ran into the studio and tried it. I have a few Badgers ;).

I am guessing you are wanting to take advantage of the needle stop in the Sotar handle. Should work out A-OK. The needle stop is not a feature that I personally use very often, (if at all,) so I have not found it necessary to add one to the 105. I did use a Sotar handle on my Renegade Spirit, as it is much lighter than the handle that comes on the Spirit, and it allowed the balance to fall more in line with my preferences, though.

Oh ok cool sounds like you're a pro at this, I have 3 airbrush's and I haven't sprayed an ounce of paint yet lol.

You're right I do want to take advantage of the needle stop in the Sotar. I can see myself laying on the paint pretty thick if there isn't a stop preventing it and it would give a consistent repetitive result I think. Thanks again for your help with my questions hopefully I can offer some good advice like you too.

Back