Duracoat for Firearms

R

Russ Allen

Hey everyone, just wanted to throw this out there and see if any on here have ever painted any firearms? I have a client who modifies rifles, shotguns, pistols etc.... and he's wanting me to airbrush them for him, completely, well, everything but the action of course.

Has anyone on here ever used Duracoat in their airbrush or have a good technique for painting firearms?

I have 4 shotguns Im needing to get some paint on, and wasnt sure if I could just use Wicked paints (since thats what I have) or would I need to use the Duracoat system Ive seen several using on youtube?

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

I have airbrushed firearms with HOK and than used the duracoat clear to protect that . But have never airbrush duracoat its self.

Thank Micron......wow, Ive always heard never to use any clear with HOK accept HOK! Glad to know that someone has done with another clear! I dont have any HOK paints but would love to try it sometime. Thanks

You mean you can afford PPG??? Haha, just giggin ya man! Its expensive but damn good

You mean you can afford PPG??? Haha, just giggin ya man! Its expensive but damn good
I have friends who own body shops and sometimes are nice enough to give me left overs....
PPG is not that bad for that mater neither is HOK.

I live in the u.k, we are not allowed firearms, but my god if we where I would paint them!(and enjoy firing them at shiz!

I live in the u.k, we are not allowed firearms, but my god if we where I would paint them!(and enjoy firing them at shiz!

Well there goes me ever moving to the U.K. (not that I would ever leave the U.S) I hope my wife never gives me a ultimatum, her or the guns. I sure would miss her.

Well there goes me ever moving to the U.K. (not that I would ever leave the U.S) I hope my wife never gives me a ultimatum, her or the guns. I sure would miss her.

Being an old coon ass country boy brought up hunting, I have had most of my weapons longer than I have had my wife.
Except for the weapons I brought out of the military...Love my 50 cal:D

Being an old coon ass country boy brought up hunting, I have had most of my weapons longer than I have had my wife.
Except for the weapons I brought out of the military...Love my 50 cal:D

Micron, I consider myself an urban hillbilly. True story, when me and the wife were dating she made the comment "I would never be with anyone with guns" I dumped her when we got home. Turns out she managed to find a way to accept the guns and now she loves going shooting... even has 2 Sig Sauer's. I am 36yrs old and I have over 50 rifles 23 pistols 12 shotguns. I still have a long way to go. I really want a Barrett 50 but there are few places to shoot it. Someday.

you guys are luck NY fire arm laws suck I've had some fun toys but it sucks limits on magazines or you have to buy preban which means $$$$$$

Micron, I consider myself an urban hillbilly. True story, when me and the wife were dating she made the comment "I would never be with anyone with guns" I dumped her when we got home. Turns out she managed to find a way to accept the guns and now she loves going shooting... even has 2 Sig Sauer's. I am 36yrs old and I have over 50 rifles 23 pistols 12 shotguns. I still have a long way to go. I really want a Barrett 50 but there are few places to shoot it. Someday.

Barrett's are nice But my McMillan TAC 50 is the bomb... rifles 61 if you count the muzzle loaders only 8 pistols and 20 shotguns Some of which have been handed down.

Barrett's are nice But my McMillan TAC 50 is the bomb... rifles 61 if you count the muzzle loaders only 8 pistols and 20 shotguns Some of which have been handed down.

That is the only reason I have so many. I got all my Dad's and my Grandpa's. I have bought about 25- 30 myself. I think if money was not an option, I would buy the Accuracy International aw 50. $13,000 is not an option though. Maybe a 338 lapua? I feel bad for hijacking Russ's thread, i could talk guns all night.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the only reason I have so many. I got all my Dad's and my Grandpa's. I have bought about 25- 30 myself. I think if money was not an option, I would buy the Accuracy International aw 50. $13,000 is not an option though. Maybe a 338 lapua? I feel bad for hijacking Russ's thread, i could talk guns all night.

Yes sorry Euss for hijacking your thread..
Love my 338 Lapua, but the oldest weapon I own is a S&W Model 3 44 cal 1874.. but weapons are just cool.

You guys aint hijacking my thread! This is great talk, Ive just been in and out lately, been sick! Im a country redneck with a closet full of firearms, just gotta figure out a good way to paint them, just didnt really want to pay 40 bucks for a duracoat paint kit if I could do it with the primers and Wicked brand paints I have. Im assuming as long as my clearcoat is good enough it should be fine, but was hoping someone here could tell me!!! You guys talk guns all day, I'll read right along!!!

Russ with you being an okie you better have to closets full and a big ass gun rack in the back of a jacked up 4x4...LMAO
I remember going to school and having a shot gun and rifle hanging in the rack on the rear window and a 357 in the glove box , Never once thought about grabbing them when I got into a fight....not to mention the buck knife on my belt..those were the good old days.

I hear ya brother! Those were the good ol' days! I too had the gun rack in the back glass, couldnt afford a 357 then so I had a itty bitty 25 (I called the bee stinger, lol) under my seat. I would use it to try to hit the reflectors on the sides of the road, lol. I was a better shot with my beer bottle than I was with that lil bee stinger, haha. My 870 shotgun and my 22-250 was always in the back glass, and NO ONE ever tried to steal them!!! Them days are gone man, and I miss it!

Russ, I think we are about the same age, but I remember going to school with my 12 gauge during deer and turkey season in the back glass, and be in our camouflage during school just to have more time in the evening hunt!!
Hell I remember being in the 9th grade and have a junior bring my gun with him and ride the buss to school decked out in camo!! No one cared!! I even hunted with my teacher!!!

Josh

seamonkey hunted with his teacher and then he hijacked the school bus. he is the hijacker king

Back