Early to Mid-60's Paasche "V"

Not real sure on the age on this one, as it was accompanied by zero paper work. The handle style along with several manufacturing ques have me guessing at early to mid-60's. It was in fantastic shape when it arrived! Very clean, inside and out.
View attachment 52991

Even still, I broke it down and gave it a complete spa treatment, complete cleaning and go through, before putting it back together, and testing. Just looking it over, it is hard to tell if the brush was ever removed from the case before. Not a single mark on the metal, no wear on the trigger post sides, no rub marks on the chucking guide, and no paint residue anywhere to be found.

I replaced the springs to better suit my personal tastes - and filled the cup with some Etac EFX right from the bottle to test with. The brushes performance is simply sublime. The change in springs has the trigger action super smooth, and on the soft side, needle response very clean and positive. It will do little, itty, bitty detail with a minimum of tip dry for hours on end. I had a mid 80's Paasche "V", as well as a few of the current offerings, and they do not hold a candle to this brush, in any respect.
View attachment 52992 View attachment 52993 View attachment 52994

I didn't say anything about this brush when it arrived, as there was a companion piece (albeit a decade or two older) up for auction, and I did not want to draw more attention to it before I had a fair shot at it ;).

The companion piece should be here early next week :).
Very nice DaveG! It reminds me of a Paasche I had purchased after my single action Badger, but I never got to use it since I was getting shipped to the Air Force. But it's ok, now I get to try different Paasches, including my favorite, the Turbo AB, and other brands 😁

I see you have a quick release for this particular Paasche V from the 60s, what size is this little fitting considered? I had shopped before for such piece as a 1/8" but it was too big, it fit other brands (except for the Badger) but the 1/8" just didn't work for my Paasche AB Turbo. I may post a thread about this.

Thank you again for sharing your new collection member, and also your great expertise!!! Have a nice evening! 🙏 🙏 🙏 -Lisa

Very nice DaveG! It reminds me of a Paasche I had purchased after my single action Badger, but I never got to use it since I was getting shipped to the Air Force. But it's ok, now I get to try different Paasches, including my favorite, the Turbo AB, and other brands 😁

I see you have a quick release for this particular Paasche V from the 60s, what size is this little fitting considered? I had shopped before for such piece as a 1/8" but it was too big, it fit other brands (except for the Badger) but the 1/8" just didn't work for my Paasche AB Turbo. I may post a thread about this.

Thank you again for sharing your new collection member, and also your great expertise!!! Have a nice evening! 🙏 🙏 🙏 -Lisa
Paasche is a proprietary size - so you just need to search for a paasche quick connect - with some exceptions. IThe very old F that I have, as well as a pre-1915 B turbo (pre-dates the AB) have the same sized threads as badger - which are #10 X 60 tpi.

Paasche is a proprietary size - so you just need to search for a paasche quick connect - with some exceptions. IThe very old F that I have, as well as a pre-1915 B turbo (pre-dates the AB) have the same sized threads as badger - which are #10 X 60 tpi.
Thank you for the clarification on the quick connect DaveG. No wonder I couldn't find it anywhere🤔. I have one, so I guess it came with one of my airbrushes. I'll keep an eye on these connectors, for now I'm glad I can also use my other type of airbrushes. 🙏

Back