(Eclipse HP-CS) vs (Hi-Line HP-CH)

A

Alexxx

Hi, has anyone tested out both of these airbrushes?

Does anyone know which one would be better for making bigger (wider) patterns from closer distance?

I am interested mostly in achieving very soft and smooth (large) gradients. I'm using thinned-down acrylic paint.

Thanks in advance,
Alex.

The HP-CS will give a more broad pattern, the HP-CH is a detail brush.
I don't know how wide of a pattern at close distance you are looking for because the HP-CS is capable of fine detail also.

I was hoping to get about 4cm (40mm) wide from fairly close distance (less than 12cm away).

Last edited by a moderator:
HP-CS.

It's nozzle size is slightly larger than the HP-CH (.35 vs .3), and it's made to be more of a "mid range" airbrush (not quite a detail airbrush, but not quite the fire hose a .5 tipped airbrush would be), although you can get some impressive detail out of it.

According to my admittedly imprecise figuring, 4cm should be about 1.5 inches, which would be right about in the HP-CS's range. Like any airbrush, though, you will have to adjust your distance and triggering to control the size of the spray pattern.

Buy both.. I have both and both are fantastic. I agree that the eclipse is a better all around brush but the hi line can get some decent detail an can be converted to .2 nozzle to become what some people call "the poor mans micron". I haven't done that yet myself but I recommend both lol. The eclipse is also easy as hell to clean... It's a breeze! The hi lines not a bad one to clean either

Back