Eclipse nozzle

QB Dude

Double Actioner
Good morning -
What is the best way to pry the nozzle out of the head cap when it's stuck due to dried paint. I feel like needle nosed pliers is going to damage it. I've tried soaking the head cap in cleaner etc. but still have to pry it out.

Is there a way to eliminate this problem all together or is that a design flaw with this brush that I have to live with ?

Thanks for your help :cool:

Hi do you mean the nozzle cap or the tapered seat in the airbrush? If it is the nozzle cap soak it in acetone for an hour then it should come apart. You can use soft jaw pliers or a piece of rubber from a hose and standard pliers but careful not to deform the nozzle. If it is stuck in the tapered seat of the airbrush remove the o-Ring before applying acetone with a brush and try removing it with the pliers as mentioned above. Giving the AB a good cleaning after painting is vital and you shouldn’t have that problem anymore. I have never had that problem with my Eclipse. Hope this will help to solve your issue.

Is that the floating nozzle? What sort of paint is it stuck with? I would use a brush and brush the appropriate reducer around the edge of it and allow it to soak for a bit. Then gently press it sideways... don't pry...

Then once it's out, a good clean of the mating surfaces and a thin layer of bees wax or chapstick before you put it back together.

If I get what you’re saying then it’a not paint or a design flaw. It’s part of having the pressure fit system. All I do is use the back of the needle to push the back end of the nozzle slightly to the side and it will come out of the head assembly. It only needs a little gentle pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the tapered nozzle . If you have over tightened it , It will wedge the nozzle in place.
While paint can cause this issue it usually is due to tightening the nozzle cap too tight.
I use a small piece of pipe that barely fits over the nozzle and slowly rock it back and forth to loosen it up

Like what Herb said. Usually, the nozzle being stuck in the cap is a result of over-tightening the head. Paint really should never be in this area. With that said, I usually use a bamboo skewer inserted into the back of the nozzle coupled with a rocking motion to pop them free. A light wipe of vasaline on the nozzle OD may help to prevent a re-occurrence. As mentioned, bee's wax of chapstick on the base taper before being inserted into the body will prevent them from getting stuck, and will make it much easier to get a seal going just hand tight, or snugged lightly past that point.

Last edited:
If you have access to one, an ultrasonic cleaner will loosen that up a real treat. Other than that, you can also try heat. It is very unlikely that it is paint stuck in there. Paint never gets near that join. It's pressure fit only. However, over time, metal on metal will slowly fuse a tiny bit (in a vacuum, full welding can occur) because in conductive materials, electrons are shared between atoms (yeah, I am a science nerd in the day job). But this is usually only very, very minor and vibration or heat will break the bond. So try using a lighter under the nozzle or body to create uneven heat distribution, and then gently wiggle with either soft nosed pliers or your fingers. It should come apart with a bit of patience. If using the lighter method, maybe wear gloves so as not to burn your fingers on warm metal.

An ultrasonic cleaner is the easiest way, if you have access to one though.

in future, for easy removal, put a bit of chapstick on your fingers and wipe around the brass base of the nozzle while putting it in. Makes removing it a breeze and helps prevent any blowback from the air channel backflowing and creating bubbles in your cup, and losing any pressure.

Back