Elaga Studio-5 Airbrush (product of Brazil)

DaveG

Airbush Analyst
Here's a bit of a tease, as I don't have much information to share, yet. I just got this in from Brazil - what I can say is that if feels nice in hand. The trigger and air valve have a very respectable feel right out of the box. Fit and finish are decent - first product that I own that is labeled as being made in Brazil - so I am learning a bit more about their manufacturing... It also sprays, which is what one would want an airbrush to do. I will be back with more info when I have it :thumbsup:

Elaga_Studio5-1.jpg

They did, it has my name laser engraved in the top.
giphy.gif

lol

It reminds Y ABs.
Back handle is the greatest thing to use with the solvents, it was smart to make it with clearcoated wood:)
I like eclipse like body in area of the air valve.
What's the head system, like Y's?

The box engraved with your name is a very nice touch. Interesting brush!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It reminds Y ABs.
Back handle is the greatest thing to use with the solvents, it was smart to make it with clearcoated wood:)
I like eclipse like body in area of the air valve.
What's the head system, like Y's?
When I saw the first photo's of the brush pop up in a group, as well as the catalog illustrations - my first thought was that they knocked of the Holbein Y series. Once I had the brush in hand, it became obvious that the similarities are only cosmetic. They are not so similar when side by side. The head is unique, with the nozzle being something like the newer Paasche screw in nozzles. I will show more of the brush as I get to know it better....

When I saw the first photo's of the brush pop up in a group, as well as the catalog illustrations - my first thought was that they knocked of the Holbein Y series. Once I had the brush in hand, it became obvious that the similarities are only cosmetic. They are not so similar when side by side. The head is unique, with the nozzle being something like the newer Paasche screw in nozzles. I will show more of the brush as I get to know it better....

I see. My thoughts were just identical to yours from the first look at the tool.

BTW, concerning the nozzles. I saw another type of nozzles few years ago and forgot about them. Recently have seen them again and remembered. They're selfcentering like H&S system, but the nozzle is different and complicated. But that's not about this brush, just the thing I remembered.

One thing came to my mind is to propose to the manufacturer to make bamboo needles. Maybe oak bodies. But if the thing will not go, they can always switch to manufacturing wooden bearings:D

And the personalization is made using CNC router, not laser engraver. Other wording is made using the laser engraver.

BTW, concerning the nozzles. I saw another type of nozzles few years ago and forgot about them. Recently have seen them again and remembered. They're selfcentering like H&S system, but the nozzle is different and complicated. But that's not about this brush, just the thing I remembered.

There are quite a few nozzle systems that are similar to H&S, but different. The Aerograph uses something similar, as do many of the other German brushes, like Efbe (newer style replaced a screw in style) Hansa, like H&S - but shorter, with a different contour, etc.

Back